Skip to content

Dorn TOB Confusion

In SoA, I had
Dorn absorb both Azothet and Ur-Gothoz in the Abyssal Blade and made him a Fallen Blackguard and therefore unable to wield Ir'revrykal +5 from WK.
However, when I started TOB and recruited Dorn back into my party, I found that his character sheet still read "Blackguard" and he was able to wield the unholy reaver. When I looked at the stats on his Abyssal Blade, it read +5dmg vs devils, +5dmg vs good opponents but NOT +5dmg vs demons.

When I went back to my Chapter 2 Journal, it read:
"Azothet tried to manipulate Dorn Il-Khan into turning...The marilith's power now belongs to Dorn; she is forever trapped within his abyssal blade." And the next entry read: "With Azothet's power now in his command, Dorn set about eliminating the last barrier to his total freedom - his patron, Ur-Gothoz...Dorn is free of demon's manipulations now"

Basically, I don't know why Dorn reverted back? Did I miss something?

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    how exactly did you import? if you took the save game or allowed the game to automatically move you to TOB then you shouldn't have had to recruit him again as far as I know. If you just imported your character then the problem would be that doesn't take things like variables, only your character. Things like these decisions and romances etc stored in variables will not carry over this way. try a save instead :)
  • TedronaiTedronai Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014
    I did not import my character. I did the final fight in SoA and beat the game and it automatically moved me to ToB along with my party. My final party DID NOT include Dorn. I had to summon him in the Pocket Plane. When he rejoined my party, his character sheet read "Blackguard" and the Abyssal Sword's stats and item description made it seem that
    he took Azothet as his patron and only absorbing Ur-Gothoz

I searched up the problem on EEKeeper to check the Global Variables. I found that the OHD_AZOTHET_PATRON = 0 in SoA, whereas in ToB the value = 1.

Basically, SoA has shows
    Dorn as a Fallen Blackguard
    whereas ToB has him as Blackguard with all of his abilities.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You probably need to include Dorn in your final party if you want it to carry over.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yeah, I think if you 'summon' characters in ToB it basically gives you a 'canon' version of the character regardless of your actions in SoA. Nalia is the same way, for example, regardless of whether you didn't do her quest, did her quest and then dropped her, or brought her all through her SoA quest-chain and then ditched her.
  • TedronaiTedronai Member Posts: 20
    Well, does the decision you make in SoA affect Dorn's TOB quest and overall resolution to his arc?

I fruitlessly tried changing that Azothet Patron Global Variable to 0 as it was in SoA as well change his class and abilities, but it didn't stick. I am guessing the way to change this simply doesn't rely on variables?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Might be worth reporting this as a bug.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Not a bug, intended behavior.

SoA and ToB are separate games. You need NPCs in the party to keep them the same as in SoA, otherwise for technical reasons you get a standard high-level version.