Skip to content

[Known 7250] Balthazar problem

foranforan Member Posts: 14
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After telling me he's going to kill me, Balthazar does not attack. I'm reluctant to attack him in order to further the quest.
I'm on a Mac. I haven't had any luck attaching any of the files in the save folders.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• foranforan Member Posts: 14
    Okay, here's the quicksave before I approach Balthazar. I took the option of getting the key from Faheed.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2014
    Very strange. In EE they added two dialog choices after Balthazar says "Further conversation is pointless ..."

The first one is normal, where Balthazar goes hostile. The second looks to see if Rasaad is present, then causes him to say "Is there no way to work this out Balthazar?" because they have some sort of monk thing going on I guess. It appears that Rasaad is failing to say his part, so dialog ends abruptly, without Balthazar turning hostile.

The question is: Why is Rassad failing his dialog? He doesn't appear to be silenced. Killing and resurrecting him doesn't change anything. Control-R does nothing. Removing him from the party and having him rejoin does nothing. I don't see anything obviously wrong with the triggers in the dialog that would cause this, but I'm not exactly an expert. I even made a new game and consoled in Balthazar. Whenever Rasaad is in the party, the dialog fails and he does not go hostile.

So yeah, definitely bugged. As for you, the best solution I can think of is to kick Rasaad out of the party, wait for him to walk towards the PC, then initiate dialog with Balthazar. Balthazar should go hostile and then you can immediately have Rasaad rejoin the party and go from there.

Good luck!

Edit: This has already been reported as an issue and should be fixed in an upcoming patch: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26593/7250-rasaad-balthazar-not-hostile
    Thanks Smilge. I'm betting it has to do with Rasaad being stuck on his "sleep" loop. I'm going to try fixing that tonight and then see if we can start a Balthazar-beatdown.
    Now I can't get the game to allow me to go to the end. I have a feeling I've missed a conversation with Rasaad in the romance.
    Woops, meant to attach a save game in case anyone sees this.
  • KilliKilli Member Posts: 14
    Had same issue. Decided just to hit attack and pound the heck out of him. Kinda sad as he did not fight back :(
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Killi have you tried the workaround by Smilge here, kick Rasaad, talk to Balthazar and make Rasaad join with CRTL+Q, if you haven't enabled the console, you can check here how to do so if you haven't already.