Skip to content

Charisma bonus for Sorcerer (if possible)

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited January 2014 in Feature Requests
Not trying to insist in something impossible, what i don't know if is or not, i'm here to request either an vanilla feature, mod or even single changed files to make Charisma give Sorcerer bonus to know spells per level (and not amount of casting times per level.

To achieve this i sugest the creation of an MXSPCHA.2DA file with the proper accessory files to make it work, of course the process can be a lot more hardcore than this, so it's just a suggestion.

Justifies:

1° - Sorcerer main stats is Charisma, and it in fact doesn't do any difference in the class.
2° - Exist a wisdom system bonus for priests.
3° - Wizards determine how much spells they know through Intelligence.
4° - Would make people invest more in charisma (as a sorcerer can have 9 charisma) instead of 18 dex, 16 con and 18 wisdom pattern.
5° - ... would be nice :)!

What i suggest is bonus to number of know spells bonus based on charisma, not casting time ability.

Edit:
This can be a bit harder than i think in fact, as we would have to rule in which level the bonus would be applied, otherwise a sorcerer level 1 would start with 6 spells to choose for example.

Probally i would need an table of charisma x level for each possible charisma score in the game (from 1 to 25).

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Edit:
    This can be a bit harder than i think in fact, as we would have to rule in which level the bonus would be applied, otherwise a sorcerer level 1 would start with 6 spells to choose for example.

Probally i would need an table of charisma x level for each possible charisma score in the game (from 1 to 25).
    I think you're starting to see why this will never be implemented. :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited January 2014
    :(! This request had more force in the past. It's hard maybe, but would be highly appreciated.

Determine sorcerer's spell number by charisma.
  • DeisDeis Member Posts: 25
    Unfortunately the issue remains the same. How can you add bonuses the an extremely powerful caster class that don't make it even more obscenely overpowered? The only way they could accomplish this is if they lowered Sorcerer's base spells per day and then gave bonuses from the stat of choice. However, this would end up being silly as everyone who rolled a Sorcerer would just max CHA anyways (and then DEX and CON 16).

Though I find it a little odd that a Sorcerer doesn't have a primary casting stat, it really doesn't matter that much. After all, if you were rolling a single class Mage, what would be the only stats you would need to max? INT, DEX, CON 16.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    The request isn't to add their cast capacity @Deis, that's already too powerful to mess up, but instead to add bonus to the "Know spells per level". While the wis bonus give more spell casting to clerics, cha bonus would add more spells to the sorcerer list of spells, making them more versatile if they have high charisma.