Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

any way to reset Ust Natha's hostility?

ok I am nearing the end of the underdark where I need to replace the eggs but I am stupid, tired, and made big mistakes without a decently placed save to return to. basically I was stupid enough to go into the egg room without being stealthy in the slightest, killing the guards and stuff and now I have the city hostile. oops. I feel stupid now.

anyway, I was hoping somebody here could help me. I could fight out but I want to play it all out. I was hoping somebody could help me reset the city to being non-hostile if that is at all possible. If I can't do this I will need to redo Deirex's tower and house Jae'llat. I have SCS and unfinished business and do to SCS I would rather not go about redoing these battles, and trying to ctrl y through these made the Phaere timer weird and she showed up much sooner than usual making the same result in having to battle the city and ignore the rest of the quest.

save game is attached in case somebody can fix it in EEKEEPER, though I am not sure if you would be able to in the first place due to my mods. I could do fixes myself if somebody knows how. First I need to hope there is a fix in the first place or I am doomed to find a way to get through it all again. thank you to anybody who could be of help here :)

image

Comments

  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It would (should) be doable through editing the savegame (modifying alignment of NPCs in related zones and probably changing one or more globals), but honestly this would involve more time and effort than simply redoing Deirex's tower and house Jae'llat - so I would recommend doing that.

  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Shin said:

    It would (should) be doable through editing the savegame (modifying alignment of NPCs in related zones and probably changing one or more globals), but honestly this would involve more time and effort than simply redoing Deirex's tower and house Jae'llat - so I would recommend doing that.

    Maybe I could only reset phaere and matron mother? They all attack on the way out anyway

  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    There is a global that controls the city hostility, DROWCITYHOSTILE somethign like that.

    That happened to me with Solaufein, I had to set that variable to 0 but he was still hostile, so I got out of the city, he followed I killed him and then respawned where he should be.

  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @anotherlife i tried that but it didn't seem to work through the console or keeper. they remained hostile regardless

    @shin i've taken your word and just redid it all. the house fight isn't easy for sure, but it didn't take too long to take out the lich at this point. at least I am awake enough to realize not to attack the guards this time :)

    Shin
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    That lich is a huge pain with SCS I found the house a lot easier just spam firestorm web and incendiary cloud with improved haste and pfmw on my fighter Mage :)

    Javier's with haste and iron skins too and then a few summons. Had one dragons breath to clear up the field once too.

  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    kryptix said:

    That lich is a huge pain with SCS I found the house a lot easier just spam firestorm web and incendiary cloud with improved haste and pfmw on my fighter Mage :)

    Javier's with haste and iron skins too and then a few summons. Had one dragons breath to clear up the field once too.

    I find myself having trouble finding the spells that will help me and ignore the drow magic resistance. my general plan then kind of revolves around a bunch of buffs and taking down protections. also the drow mages don't seem to focus on getting useful protections against this up fast so if I strike when I see them I kill them quickly. it still ended up being quite difficult with the sheer number of them in that area. I kind of just placed Imoen and Neera in the middle with stoneskin, mirror image, fireshield and picked them off as they tried to get them :)

  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Ah, using strategies from trying to take on the full SCS Ust Natha, just make sure you use firestorm. It kills drow FAST!

    Also when they swarm like that, Chaos/Confusion work well because you only need it to hit 1/3 of them to be effective. Web also works well if you cast 3-4 because they have 35% chance of not resisting, then about 1/2 chance to fail their save.

  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    kryptix said:

    Ah, using strategies from trying to take on the full SCS Ust Natha, just make sure you use firestorm. It kills drow FAST!

    Also when they swarm like that, Chaos/Confusion work well because you only need it to hit 1/3 of them to be effective. Web also works well if you cast 3-4 because they have 35% chance of not resisting, then about 1/2 chance to fail their save.

    i actually begin to wonder so much about all the complaining about Ust Natha being extremely difficult in SCS without HLAs (or maybe it was the underdark in general?) if it was the underdark in general, then it sucks having to do the beholder lair without the shield of balduraan. that still wasn't a big problem other than the elder orbs and hive mother.

    if they were speaking of Ust Natha then it was house Jae'llat that actuallly caused trouble for me. Everything else in Ust Natha was like a cakewalk and I had no HLAs, though I will really soon so that won't last. Next time I will need to think back to this and these spells that may work against them, otherwise the best strategy I had is just kill the mages right away and have mages tank.

    When I next play I need to get past the party at the exit though. That is a tough battle when the silver dragon teleports you right to them. I will likely have to retreat under haste to a better positions for that one.

  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741

    kryptix said:

    Ah, using strategies from trying to take on the full SCS Ust Natha, just make sure you use firestorm. It kills drow FAST!

    Also when they swarm like that, Chaos/Confusion work well because you only need it to hit 1/3 of them to be effective. Web also works well if you cast 3-4 because they have 35% chance of not resisting, then about 1/2 chance to fail their save.

    i actually begin to wonder so much about all the complaining about Ust Natha being extremely difficult in SCS without HLAs (or maybe it was the underdark in general?) if it was the underdark in general, then it sucks having to do the beholder lair without the shield of balduraan. that still wasn't a big problem other than the elder orbs and hive mother.

    if they were speaking of Ust Natha then it was house Jae'llat that actuallly caused trouble for me. Everything else in Ust Natha was like a cakewalk and I had no HLAs, though I will really soon so that won't last. Next time I will need to think back to this and these spells that may work against them, otherwise the best strategy I had is just kill the mages right away and have mages tank.

    When I next play I need to get past the party at the exit though. That is a tough battle when the silver dragon teleports you right to them. I will likely have to retreat under haste to a better positions for that one.
    No the complaints are about the 160 drow army that SCS summons down on you if you try to kill everyone in Ust Natha :)

  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    The lich is easy if you bum rush him :D

  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    kryptix said:

    kryptix said:

    Ah, using strategies from trying to take on the full SCS Ust Natha, just make sure you use firestorm. It kills drow FAST!

    Also when they swarm like that, Chaos/Confusion work well because you only need it to hit 1/3 of them to be effective. Web also works well if you cast 3-4 because they have 35% chance of not resisting, then about 1/2 chance to fail their save.

    i actually begin to wonder so much about all the complaining about Ust Natha being extremely difficult in SCS without HLAs (or maybe it was the underdark in general?) if it was the underdark in general, then it sucks having to do the beholder lair without the shield of balduraan. that still wasn't a big problem other than the elder orbs and hive mother.

    if they were speaking of Ust Natha then it was house Jae'llat that actuallly caused trouble for me. Everything else in Ust Natha was like a cakewalk and I had no HLAs, though I will really soon so that won't last. Next time I will need to think back to this and these spells that may work against them, otherwise the best strategy I had is just kill the mages right away and have mages tank.

    When I next play I need to get past the party at the exit though. That is a tough battle when the silver dragon teleports you right to them. I will likely have to retreat under haste to a better positions for that one.
    No the complaints are about the 160 drow army that SCS summons down on you if you try to kill everyone in Ust Natha :)
    but I did kill everyone there. well I forgot about the tavern so almost everybody. I did, however, do the switch for the real eggs then gave the other fakes to phaere, so I killed the city by choice instead of being forced to. maybe that has to do with it. now I might want to load somewhere where I can see this army :)

  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    nano said:

    The lich is easy if you bum rush him :D

    yeah that is what I did. quickly take down his protections with a spell removal and a well timed to hit after combat removal and after the time stop he was destroyed before that accursed horrid wilting :)

    nano
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Yeah, once the city is hostile, there's no way to un-hostile them.

  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited January 2014



    if they were speaking of Ust Natha then it was house Jae'llat that actuallly caused trouble for me.

    Even in vanilla the fight in there is much harder than the rest of Ust Natha. As for the Ust Natha itself, I was a little disappointed with how easy it was to just kill everyone.

  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    SCS Ust Nasta fully hostile, you'll know. You get waves of fiends every... ten rounds or so. Hard to miss them.

    Vanilla, the place is a cakewalk.

  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    edited January 2014
    Twani said:

    SCS Ust Nasta fully hostile, you'll know. You get waves of fiends every... ten rounds or so. Hard to miss them.

    Vanilla, the place is a cakewalk.

    Yeah, SCS Ust Natha is this:

    •Group A: disorganised raiders (about every five rounds)
    ◦Three L9 fighters, two L9 archers, a L12/12 fighter/mage
    ◦Two L9 fighters, two L9 archers
    ◦Four L9 fighters, two L9 archers, a L10 cleric
    ◦Four L9 fighters, a L11 mage
    •Group B: serious war-parties (every four rounds)
    Each party comprises six L9 fighters, four L9 archers, a L10 cleric, a L14 cleric, a L12/12 fighter/cleric, a L11 mage, and a L15 mage. There are four of these war-parties.
    •Group C: elite battlegroups (every ten rounds, with another Group B war-party between each battlegroup)
    ◦Four L9 fighters, three L17 mages
    ◦Four L9 fighters, two L12/12 fighter/clerics, a L18 cleric, a L18 mage, a glabrezu, and two nabassu
    ◦Two L11 mages, a L15 mage, a L22 mage, and four stone golems
    ◦Six L9 fighters, two L10 clerics, two L12/12 fighter/clerics, a L14 cleric, a L20 cleric, two balors and two glabrezu.


    If you weren't getting surrounded by high level magic resistant drow from every side you haven't faced SCS Ust Natha :) I don't think in my research anyone has come close to beating it without a full HLA epic level party. Even using super cheesy tactics I only got to the last wave twice before I gave up. Keep in mind, the full fight is 2-3 hours real time without saving so trying it repeatedly doesn't really work out. Also, unless you go to Watcher's keep early, no Wish so no Wish resting, which is what kept getting me at the end, I just run out of death magic type protections and the last waves spam so many doom/malison that eventually CHARNAME falls to a finger of death etc. I also play on insane so everything HURTS and with SCS the demons teleport to you. Up until the glabrezu and nabassu its pretty manageable though if you have a good party with high damage.

    With SCS installed I had trouble having this event NOT start as soon as Phaere died to the demon though, the city went automatically hostile after that.

  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    kryptix said:

    I don't think in my research anyone has come close to beating it without a full HLA epic level party.

    sounds like a challenge :D

  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    kryptix said:

    Twani said:

    SCS Ust Nasta fully hostile, you'll know. You get waves of fiends every... ten rounds or so. Hard to miss them.

    Vanilla, the place is a cakewalk.

    Yeah, SCS Ust Natha is this:

    •Group A: disorganised raiders (about every five rounds)
    ◦Three L9 fighters, two L9 archers, a L12/12 fighter/mage
    ◦Two L9 fighters, two L9 archers
    ◦Four L9 fighters, two L9 archers, a L10 cleric
    ◦Four L9 fighters, a L11 mage
    •Group B: serious war-parties (every four rounds)
    Each party comprises six L9 fighters, four L9 archers, a L10 cleric, a L14 cleric, a L12/12 fighter/cleric, a L11 mage, and a L15 mage. There are four of these war-parties.
    •Group C: elite battlegroups (every ten rounds, with another Group B war-party between each battlegroup)
    ◦Four L9 fighters, three L17 mages
    ◦Four L9 fighters, two L12/12 fighter/clerics, a L18 cleric, a L18 mage, a glabrezu, and two nabassu
    ◦Two L11 mages, a L15 mage, a L22 mage, and four stone golems
    ◦Six L9 fighters, two L10 clerics, two L12/12 fighter/clerics, a L14 cleric, a L20 cleric, two balors and two glabrezu.


    If you weren't getting surrounded by high level magic resistant drow from every side you haven't faced SCS Ust Natha :) I don't think in my research anyone has come close to beating it without a full HLA epic level party. Even using super cheesy tactics I only got to the last wave twice before I gave up. Keep in mind, the full fight is 2-3 hours real time without saving so trying it repeatedly doesn't really work out. Also, unless you go to Watcher's keep early, no Wish so no Wish resting, which is what kept getting me at the end, I just run out of death magic type protections and the last waves spam so many doom/malison that eventually CHARNAME falls to a finger of death etc. I also play on insane so everything HURTS and with SCS the demons teleport to you. Up until the glabrezu and nabassu its pretty manageable though if you have a good party with high damage.

    With SCS installed I had trouble having this event NOT start as soon as Phaere died to the demon though, the city went automatically hostile after that.
    I assume most people just run for the gates :)

  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    All I know is I consider myself pretty good at SCS. I'm no genius, but I've beaten SCS on insanity, with some BP and atweaks components installed as well. But Ust Nasta full is one thing I've never been able to beat. Full magic resistance everywhere, no Wish reset spellcasting, and I'm usually down at the glaberezu and nabassu- the balors just break me. And as @kryptix said, this fight takes *hours*. You don't have a chance to save anywhere, and if you just make one mistake and lose your main, you're going to repeat another two hours of fighting.

    One day I'll try going to Watchers Keep before UN, and not taking poorly leveled Imoen along. But until that day, I run screaming towards the gates.

  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Generally I haven't had much interest in using SCS so far, but I must say it's only reasonable that you're going to have a huge fight on your hands if you attack a drow city. I almost (... almost!) don't think it should be winnable at all :)

  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I think that was the intention, which is why I've never bothered trying to fight it out. I'm sure it will require lots of cheese as well, not really my thing...
    Still, after all this hype I can't resist taking a crack at it now. Well, not now, but sometime in the future.

  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    From what I know, no one has beaten UN without HLA and wish resting. There are two beautiful videos of people doing it that way on youtube, and it's amazing the carnage. But without HLA's and wish resting? I don't think you have a chance.

  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Do you have a link to the videos?

  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Try:


    (With custom characters on Insanity difficulty: pretty darn well done.)

    Then:


    (With a regular Bioware party, complete with random hatred between party members. This one... doesn't go quite as well, but it's still good to watch.)

    nano
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I use a much cheesier location where at least 2-3 of the drow spawn where they can't melee you but I was also doing this with a lot less damage, basically fighter illusionist and jaheira as melee and imoen and neera as casters. Viconia actually got the vast majority of kills due to her 4x firestorm, and I used like 40 charges of cloudkill wand. Hexxat just did detect illusion and assassinations with celestial fury and invis potions.

    That said, after your out of firestorms and dragons breath, nothing can clear the board any more.

    I'll try it again on a jan instead of imoen run, so that I can WK before the under dark...

    I figure I would then use mazzy and Korgan for more melee, maybe Anomen ugh as my healer for damage and sorcerer Charname for wish? I'd need a single class Mage but I hate using Edwin as he doesn't fit my parties well. I might have to go with him though since I might want Charname as something else.

    In that group mazzy would use usano blade and belm, Korgan would use my best axe and kundane and maybe I go fighter thief for scarlet ninja to offhand...

    My main issue is that divine heavy works well for this fight but nothing else. Charname ranger cleric would actually be really good because insect spells work well on it...

  • roymoss4roymoss4 Member Posts: 1
    For anyone who wants to reset Ust Natha; EEkeeper; Set "DROWCITYHOSTILE" to 0.

    I killed Aladon and therefore it screwed my disguise and set the city hostile.
    To have an active disguise, set "playerlookslikeadrow" to 1.

    Both problems solved.

Sign In or Register to comment.