Skip to content

BG:EE with BGII:EE UI

EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
Is it possible to move UI from BGII:EE to BG:EE? Since they have the same screens (except main ones) it shouldn't take much work to switch them. Is it doable without modding experiance?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yes it is, it will take like, well, the time you take to export some more than 200 files......
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Great, how can i do this?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Exporting the files from BG2:EE and dropping them into your BG:EE override folder.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Yes, but which ones exactly? I was trying with GUI*.bif files from Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\data (GUIMosc, GUIIcon, GUIFont, GUIDesc, GUIBam, GUIChui), but everytime i was crashing at start up.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    I tried that once and was unsuccessful. I don't think this will work until there is an updated modding tool capable of editing the new pvrz format of these images. I might be wrong here, but I think these image files are not compatible across the two games just yet. I suggest to wait for an updated DLTCEP, which will handle them (it is in the works, if not already out, I haven't checked for a while).

The only way I was able to edit GUI files so far was by editing an inventory screen by collapsing all controls (slots etc.) in a chu file and then print-screening clean window. Then I could easily work with bitmap. Bitmaps can be transfered between the two games, I don't know about BAMs though.