Skip to content

Suna Seni (ambush encounter)

Considering this is the enhanced edition, I'm going to report this blatant error.

These are some of the stats of the spawned Suna Seni (resuna.cre):

She is level 13. Fighter.
Her base thac0 is 18.
Saves: 9/13/12/15/14
She has 2 points in blunt weapons but she's wielding a short sword.

The problematic thing is that her stats don't make sense. For example, if you level drain her (with a spell or by some other means) she'll actually get much stronger; her thac0 and saves will actually be lowered by a lot to reflect her level. This is not a good thing because level draining an enemy should make them weaker, not stronger.

The interesting thing, and that's why I believe this version of Suna Seni is an error, is that there is another Suna Seni creature file (suna.cre) with the following stats:

This unused Suna Seni is level 8. Ranger.
Her base thac0 is 13.
Saves: 10/12/11/12/13
She has 2 points in long swords and is wielding a long sword.

So this one is actually not a "broken" creature.
All she needs is an attack script (wtasight), changed allegiance from neutral to enemy and she's good to go. And of course, she needs to have her script name changed from suna to resuna so that the script actually spawns her.
The broken Suna Seni version is wielding the Arbane's Sword though, so I guess it would be nice to give that sword to suna.cre and change her prof. to short swords.

Comments

• SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    Oh, one more detail.
    The wrong Suna Seni that spawns has all 7 colors set to random, the unused Suna Seni (suna.cre) has all 7 colors picked by hand.

Please, if this is truly an EE, I'd expect such things to get fixed.
    Resuna has blunt prof., but she's fighting with a sword she's not proficient with. The main problem is that her level is completely detached from her stats; she's kind of a Frankenstein, which is a pity as she is an iconic ambush encounter in Athkatla.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    As far as i know the other Suna is handled by some UB component: http://mods.pocketplane.net/readmes/readme_ub.html#suna

About the blunt prof: rank C problem to me.
    That's nice and all, but UB is just a mod.
    I'd like Suna Seni to be fixed in EE.
    No.. I see her proficiencies in NearInfinity, even though she has none in game (just like all the other non-EE enemies). Suna Seni's (resuna.cre) nonsense stats are the issue. There's a fully functional Suna Seni; suna.cre.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    Sorry to derail a bit, but did you also see the RESUNA.DLG attached to the current Suna Seni (RESUNA.CRE)? It appears she has dialog before she attacks, and even an interaction with Valygar (they appear to be former lovers?).

The dialog only activates if the global variable "RandomEncounter" is set to 2, but when you meet her it is only at 1, so it never fires. There's even a script (RESUNA.BCS, she doesn't use it) for her to spawn a pretty powerful mage by the name of Dradeel if the fight goes on long enough, and she's supposed to escape when her HP gets below 10, leading to a second encounter at RandomEncounter = 4.

This is supposed to be a whole event that ties into the game world rather than just a named bandit with a cool sword. Amazing how much content is in this game that I still haven't seen.

In summary, yes RESUNA.CRE is messed up, but she's so messed up that just replacing her with SUNA.CRE isn't the best solution. Let's get this old stuff working! (This is a feature request since she was just as broken in the old BG2)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    From what I've heard, Suna Sensi was actually originally meant to be a former romantic interest of Valygar's who he had to dump since he did not wish to reproduce (due to his family curse)
    This got scratched in the final product, so it might be that the file you found was meant to be her original character.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    This is definitely unfinished business territory, rather than bug territory.
    The quest that was cut is certainly UB material, but I'd say that replacing the broken Suna Seni with the other version is something that would fit an enhanced edition.
    Besides, Brage was given +5 damage, his thac0 was improved by 5 and he got the berserk buff.. I don't see why Suna Seni shouldn't be fixed.