Skip to content

A way to make new content compleatly optional...

For some this might seem as a weird request, but for me the story of Baldur's Gate doesn't need new content, and thus I would like to see an option to somehow check off whether or not the new characters and areas should be included in the next playthough... as it is right now playing on Steam, I can see them all "Installed" in the menu, it would be nice to see a check-box there that could unactivate/uninstall them...

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'll +1 this if there is also an option to get extra content ( areas etc) without having to take the new npcs
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    The way it works in other games is that there is a dedicated directory for mods. However, the way BG games are setup are that new contents will automatically overwrite existing stuff in the game. If you want to have the EE new contents and EE without new contents, you need two separate game installations in the computer.
  • SHMadsenSHMadsen Member Posts: 2
    Does that mean, that if you buy it from ie. steam, as I have, then all the addon content that is included in the installed download, which is all by the moment, cant be removed? that's a bit of a shame... I will however hold my fingers crossed for a solution, just because of the nostalgic feeling I have towards it... I would love to see a possibility to "turn it off"...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @SHMadsen, well, there are ways of "turning it off".
    The first one is editing all the BCS that spawn them.