Skip to content

Party question using all the new characters...

EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
Hi all, so here's my question, I'd like to get the most out of all the new content and in app purchase characters..
I'd like to play with a party of all four of the new npc's..
1. Is this a good idea?
2. If i do what would you suggest my pc should be to compliment and who would you suggest as my fifth npc?
Any help appreciated.. My current pc is paladin inquisitor.. Would he work with this party?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Without cheating, it's impossible. Rassad is Good, Dorn and Hexxat are evil. I am pretty sure they'd come to blows at some stage.

A paladin would never work with Dorn or Hexxat either.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Actually I'm pretty sure you can keep Rasaad, Dorn, and Hexxat in the same party. It doesn't make any RP-sense (IMO), but it is possible.

A party with all new NPCs can be done, though you may want to have a priest (cleric or druid) in there, either as the PC or the sixth NPC. (It's not essential; my current party has no priest.)
  • blkholsunblkholsun Member Posts: 3

Without cheating, it's impossible. Rassad is Good, Dorn and Hexxat are evil. I am pretty sure they'd come to blows at some stage.

A paladin would never work with Dorn or Hexxat either.

Disappointingly, they do not come to blows. You can easily have them all in the same party.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited January 2014
    Also,

If you have both Neera and Rasaad in your party, you'll be able to unlock the fifth new NPC by completing their quests.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    edited January 2014
    @shawne:
    You only need Rasaad to gain the surprise NPC, though Neera's quest line definitely adds some flavour and context to it.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Ok I think I'm gonna stick with my paladin and work with Rassad and Nera, couldn't bare to part with Minsk and imoen
    WDYT?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Paladin, Rasaad, Neera, Minsc, Imoen sounds like a strong party in itself. I'd probably add Jaheira or a cleric to that. BTW, if you've never played BG2 before, you'll find a problem with using Imoen... just a heads up.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Ok now I'm worried about Imoen, I thought she was a dead cert... Who would you replace her with then?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Hail, I'm playing with an evil female PC, she took Dorn, Viconia, Rasaad, Neera and Hexxat, works very well.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2014
    Eldrane said:

Ok now I'm worried about Imoen, I thought she was a dead cert... Who would you replace her with then?

My advice is to play through the game first before reading too many spoilers. The plot of this game is terrific and and should be enjoyed with as little foreknowledge as possible. Of course, that is just my take and you are free to play the game in a way that provides the most enjoyment for you.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Eldrane I agree with @JLee, the game does kind of lead to a replacement as well, so don't worry too much.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    Yea I have a party with all 5 new NPC's at the moment in it.

Wilson

(a hidden new NPC) is a bit of a hassle (he just won't stop talking!), but otherwise people seem to get on alright. I went with a Priest of Helm to provide some much needed divine magic to the mix.