Skip to content

Neera Quest, Throne of Bhaal (Spoilers)

So I've gone to the clearing, rested and had a massive fight. I can't use Neera's spells in it nor can I pre buff in any way because I have to rest to trigger it.
When I finally do win (and it takes a lot of tries) you're thrust into another difficult fight, straight away, without being able to save.

I guess perhaps I should level up a bit more before fighting this but it does seem pretty ridiculous that it doesn't even autosave after it. Any fight that starts with a dialogue and then doesn't let you save is incredibly frustrating!

Comments

• victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    Are your sure about the no save? I can't guarantee this, but during my only run of Neera's ToB quest, I cast Chaos at the beginning of the fight, and ended up fighting a group at the top of the map and then there were no enemies in sight, so I (think I) quicksaved and was wondering what was supposed to happen next and was moving around gathering loot when I noticed the last enemy wandering confused around the bottom area of the map. Only after killing that one was the group teleported to the fighting arena. It's not an intended save place, but could (I think) still be done.

By the way, I believe Neera can still use wands and items (haven't tried scroll, but those are probably not possible), so her useability during the fight isn't out the window.
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    I like that part very much, imho it's the definition of a challenging encounter…
    word of advice:
    1. memorize a lot of party-friendly area spells
    2. if you have an inquisitor, cast dispel magic to unbuff them
    3. cast silence on the thayans (they are all crowded), then focus on guards/fighters since using potions they tank pretty well and would focus on your squishes (if someone dies during the first part you're probably screwed)…
    4. when silence wears off, go for the red wizards
    5. as soon as the black pits orator ends his announcement, cast buffs on your party while hostile creatures are still going for the gladiators
    6. move your arcane/divine casters away, focus your meleers on yuan-ti mages (use any haste item you've got)
    7. see point 1…
  • TaearTaear Member Posts: 90

Are your sure about the no save? I can't guarantee this, but during my only run of Neera's ToB quest, I cast Chaos at the beginning of the fight, and ended up fighting a group at the top of the map and then there were no enemies in sight, so I (think I) quicksaved

I used Chan (prince of air) to blow them all away, meaning I could quicksave, so this is what saved me. Thank you!