Context of questions:
I have just completed my first full saga BG playthrough, using BG EE for BG 1, BG 2 Vanilla (GoG) for SoA and ToB.
I was planning a second playthrough with BG EE and BG 2 EE, and didn't really consider mods in much seriousness, and don't know anything about them beyond a few names I've heard mentioned in General Discussion, including SCS, Ascension and Unfinished Business.
I just saw @booinyoureyes
' comment regarding NPC mods, fromhttp://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29108/npcs-you-enjoy
... which got me reading about some of the mods on Pocket Plane Group.
I was initially curious about Kelsey, cos although I don't ever intend to play a female PC, it would be nice to add more content for Imoen, whose vanilla content is disappointingly sparse, given how central she is to the main plot. (I understand this is because she was supposed to die in Spellhold.)
However, I am very hesitant to add another NPC into my game, since I am already spoilt for choice and cannot fit in everybody I want.
So what I am really interested is maybe installing a select few reliable, stable and compatible mods that would enhance the core game, without necessarily changing the experience or adding much new content.
Specifically I am interested in the following: My Modding Objectives
1) Having played BG 2, I'm gonna find BG 1 companions really mute... I can live with it, but it would be nice if they had banters like in BG 2. Not necessarily leading to any serious consequences or further quests, just more well-written and immersive banters like those in BG 2.
2) A more fleshed out Imoen. I feel like she has SO much potential that is never quite realised in the vanilla game.
3) A lot of the BG 2 quests feel kinda incomplete... there's lots of 'doors to nowhere' and you never find out things like Torgal's Stronger, Kalah's Benefactor, Twisted Rune, The Guarded Compound etc... This is the one case where I don't mind extra content to fill in the gaps. However I don't want to find insanely difficult encounters and/or game-breaking loot from any additional content.
4) I hesitate to ask for this, even if it is available, but I'd like to have more inter-party banters, particularly those capturing the development of friendships and rivalries. The reason I hesitate is that I worry if/how they can be consistent from BG 1 to BG 2... and the BG 2 early game is already banter-heavy, and I don't want to interrupted every 5 minutes with a banter. However, after Chapter 2, even BG 2 becomes kinda quiet, and the Aerie romance (which I still intend to do) is mostly silent until ToB. So basically more banter, but ideally spread out over the entire game, rather than an overly busy Chapter 2 giving way to silence.
5) I have heard of BGT, where the whole trilogy plays in one game, which would seem kinda cool. I am pretty sure that it's not been adapted for EE yet, as I right in this assumption?
6) I am open to other suggestions... I am a RP-driven player who wants to enrich the vanilla experience, but stability and mutual compatibility between different mods is crucial, both in a technical sense, and RP-sense. My IT skills are very limited in comparison to some of you computer wizards out here, and I'd hate to suffer a game-breaking bug somewhere deep in a playthrough (which I might record as a LP), and find myself unable to troubleshoot it due to limited understanding of the game's inner workings.