Skip to content

BG + BG II dual mod request

I've always wished that you could ask Tomoko at the end of BG to help you reform Saravok. Any chance of a mod that allows Tomoko to join your party and confront Saravok with you, and then rejoin you in BGII, or perhaps, allow you to summon Tomoko to Hell in ToB? Saravok can join you, it is a shame that his only woman can't see that you did indeed keep your promise to spare his life. Also, she's bad ass! Love that voice. She ought to be a grandmaster katana/wakizashi dual wielding samurai fighter by ToB. If someone has made this mod or something close to it, I've never come across it and would love for someone to point me in the right direction. It should be possible given that I've played Solaufein and Bodhi mods, right?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The idea of a Tamoko mod has popped up here and there, but nothing's ever come of it as far as I know.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Man, that's too bad. I wonder why? It has the potential to make the absolute best NPC mod. Imagine, Tomoko, in love with Saravok, but faced with the inescapable truth that he cannot be saved, instead falls in love with Saravok's brother, the main character. After a life of adventure in Athkatla and beyond, and finally to the bowels of Hell, she is faced with the tortuous prospect of her new love confronted by her old, holding the power to reincarnate Saravok to fight along side her again. And how does this god-inspired love triangle end? Who is to say.

Truly awesome possibilities for a Tomoko mod to be great
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Man, that would be so horrible for Yoshimo. Get a geas to avenge your sister, find your sister alive and well and partying with the person you thought killed her, still be stuck with the geas and have to try and kill your sister who is defending the one your geas is against...

I'd be tempted for it for that alone. Having said, that I don't think I'd like a Tamoko romance. I think Sarevok was, in a chance, her 'one', and she'd need more time to grieve and rethink her path before falling in love again. I'd see her more acting as a 'big sis' to the PC, using the small knowledge she got of the prophesies from following around Sarevok to support CHARNAME.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    One also need to change the epilogue texts for Sarevok... ;-)

Having said that, since Yoshimo is not absolutely needed to go to Brynlaw, it is possible to change scripts and dialogues so that Yoshimo doesn't show up in the starting dungeon if Tamoko is in the party...

• ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Well Twani, it took Jaheira like, no time at all, but I can see your point.

leeho, remember the alternate plot lines for Saemon Havarean, where if you have Yoshimo, he doesn't poison you, but if you don't, he poisons you? Same could happen with Yoshimo depending on whether you spare Tomoko's life in BG1 and take her in or not.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Any mod that lets me actually keep Yoshimo in the party is one I would love to have. I always hate losing him. Granted this means I would actually have to make sure I had a spot for Imoen since well you know...