Skip to content

What happened to Renal Bloodscalp? (spoilers!)

So in my first ever evil!playthrough of Baldur's Gate 2, I sided with Bhodi's guild. As one would expect, Bhodi wanted me to slaughter the entire Thieves' Guild. Which, I did feel a little bad about, since I kinda liked Renal Bloodscalp, did his Mae'Var quest, and I just knew I'd have to fight Renal inside the guild. But hey, evil's gotta do what evil's gotta do. Nothing personal, Renal.

But when I invaded the guild, Renal was gone! He and all his followers on the second floor had flown the coop! I half-expected to find him in Aran Linvail's room, but lo and behold, he was not.

So, my question to you, fellow BG lovers: what happened to Renal? Where did he run to? What's he doing now? Did he have such little faith that Aran Linvail could stop you? Is there no honor among thieves anymore?

Discuss! :D

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    bbear said:

It's too bad that Renal is gone for good. He drops the 3rd pair of boot of speed in SoA.

Damn it, I knew I should have killed him when I had the chance! *shakes fist at computer screen*
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    cluaconsole:createitem("boot01")
    :D
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Renal disappearing is really annoying. What's funny is that if you're a multi/dual-classed Thief and you get the Thief stronghold and then side with Bodhi then his rep still turns up all the time to take your money long after you destroyed the guild. Of course if you then lose the guild there is no way to ever get it back, since you have to 'speak to Renal', who has flown the coop.
    @eudaemonium isn't it true that in an unmoded game there is no way for a thief to join Bodhhi?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @booinyoureyes a pure thief, yes, but a multi- or dual-class one can. At least I could in BG2EE, unmodded.
    Nice, that actually solves a lot of problems for me. I've wanted to play a fighter/shadowdancer multi (eekeepered) but was interested in doing the evil path
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Nice, that actually solves a lot of problems for me. I've wanted to play a fighter/shadowdancer multi (eekeepered) but was interested in doing the evil path

The evil path is fuuuuuun... Mwahahahahahaha...
    this behavior must not continue!