Skip to content

Enough of BG2!

124»

Comments

• fvmedeirosfvmedeiros Member Posts: 32

There are many (MANY) different subgenres of RPGs. In this separate thread, we've named Action-RPGs, Computer-RPGs, Japanese RPGs, MMORPGs, and one that the original poster left out, Tactical-RPGs!

Wise words! This explain and ends any discussion about is or isnt a rpg... is exactly my point but i coudnt put in better words.

And yes @Heindrich1988 , i think i will stick to this forum even not playing the game. It seems that people here are older or at least more refined... i am 35yo and i get sad with most foruns around.

We can exchange some recipes too, i know how to make a good burger :)

Abouts another games... i was extremely happy when i played guild wars 2 last year and realise how games can improve... WoW have a very overpast mechanic (ie get a quest, kill 20 mobs until drop something, and deliver the quest)... and GW2 came with a very new mechanic about "living world" as they say... you are living in that world and public events are happing around you as you travel places, and you choose to participate or not and change your and the worlds story.

Same with Dragons dogma... when the night falls the game outside the city become 100% dark, you need lamps or torches to see around you... and monsters become more frequent and dangerous... so you need to do all quests in daylight and not go very far to have time to come back to the city before night. Pretty new mechanic and very well crafted.

Elder Scrolls Online will come with some new things too...

I am very happy about game designers these days... i dont think, as a lot of people, that old school games are good and everything now is crap, so we will play BG and tetris for the next 50 years, no. :)

Games, as any other thing, evolves, change... i do like some things about old games that we havent often anymore... mas that doesnt mean we are in the shit with new games.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Folks, this isn't the forum to talk about other games; if you want to talk about the broader subject of RPGs, start a thread in Off-Topic.