Skip to content

Can I have Dorn if I am a good guy?

I'm playing a good character who does good stuff, although in my team I have Viconia, Hexxat, Edwin, Haer'Dalis, and Korgan, and all is ok. I enjoy their company, besides my character is not legal and is a Blade, so I won't even step the paladins floor.

But I heard that Dorn does too much evil in this game. Can I use him (instead of Korgan) and yet not do such bad things, or he pushes too much? In his quest is really mandatory to do evil?

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You certainly can't do Dorn's quests without behaving in an evil way. I don't know if he will leave the party if you don't do them. Korgan is a better killing machine anyway.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Ok, I'll leave him to another playtrough, with an evil character.
  • milanmmilanm Member Posts: 27
    Of course you can, the only Dorn quest that makes you lose Rep is the second one, and it's only -1, all others can be done in more or less non-evil way.
  • SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    milanm said:

Of course you can, the only Dorn quest that makes you lose Rep is the second one, and it's only -1, all others can be done in more or less non-evil way.

Hm... *wedding* is PURE evil :( I didn't find a way to make it at least neutral. So I kicked Dorn then understand that he is should do a lot of evil.
    milanm said:

Minimising rep loss does not make murdering paladins in cold blood not-evil.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I couldn't find any way to justify Dorn in my "neutral" party with a F/I Charname, Jaheira, Neera, Imoen, Hexxat and Viconia. For all of the people saying Hexxat is evil, she only acts evil if Aerie is in the party, otherwise she is probably more lawful neutral than Viconia...
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    Serpion said:

milanm said:

Hm... *wedding* is PURE evil :( I didn't find a way to make it at least neutral. So I kicked Dorn then understand that he is should do a lot of evil.
    Actually you can.
    spoiler

Just make a joke like "upps the wrong wedding I will be going now" and the priest will attack Dorn. After that you simply tell Dorn to let the other wedding guests live.

spoiler
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    What is the point on crashing the wedding? I think i missed that point when i did it
  • SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    Wittand said:

Serpion said:

milanm said:

Actually you can.
    spoiler

Just make a joke like "upps the wrong wedding I will be going now" and the priest will attack Dorn. After that you simply tell Dorn to let the other wedding guests live.

spoiler
    I did... but Dorn starts attack everyone :(
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    I am finding Dorn is just so stupidly violent and cruel it is hard to justify him in anything other than a really evil party. And since I prefer Xanatos-esque Pragmatic Villainy, not even then.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    I've tried the wedding three times by now. I'm pretty sure your charisma plays a role, as my highest charisma character had no problems convincing Dorn not to kill everyone, and my average-charisma charname could not convince him.
    Wittand said:

Serpion said:

milanm said:

Actually you can.
    spoiler

spoiler
    That is a lie though. You still went into the building with the intention of helping someone kill a good aligned priest. Not the action of a good aligned character.
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    Fardragon said:

Wittand said:

Serpion said:

milanm said:

Actually you can.
    spoiler

spoiler
    That is a lie though. You still went into the building with the intention of helping someone kill a good aligned priest. Not the action of a good aligned character.
    The point was to make the quest neutral. My druid had little problems with taking down the priest. Considering the amount of evil NPC you kill throughout the game it seemed like the right way to restore balance.

Dorn is a complete no go if you role-play good, since you get the two assassination missions. But if you are careful to spare non-combatants (the wedding party, the cook) and upgrade the sword twice, you can role-play having him in an neutral party.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    I wish you could still get the Visage though. It's my favorite helm in the whole game now :)