Skip to content

Neb *MAD SPOILERS*

I felt bad about killing Neb, I mean he helped me get out of the prison cells in bg. no way of finishing the quest without massacring him?

Comments

• victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    But, but, he's sooooooo evil! Don't you want to free the children spirits he uses as slaves? Besides, the quest reward you get is so sweet. :)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Neb is Evil enough that I'm sure even Dorn would Balk at considering him an okay drinking buddy. As a 21st Century society we're pretty light on Taboos - Incest, Pedophilia and Murder are are only ones, and Neb hits at least one of the three.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    oh of course I mean i would slaughter the living fuck out of him, it was just because if it werent for him I would have not been able to get out of the prison cells, still i guess he got what was coming for him...
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    You feel bad about killing a child murderer? :/
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Damned soft liberals ... :P

U can kill that s.o.b in BG 2 EE?! OMG!!! I look forward to Imprison'ing him... most fitting punishment.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Well if you imprison him you can't finish the Mace of Disruption+2. soooo... yeah.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    He starts at neutral. Just have invisible Jan pick his pocket first then imprison him.
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    But you need his head (by the way: ewwwww!) for the quest reward! :)
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295

Damned soft liberals ... :P

U can kill that s.o.b in BG 2 EE?! OMG!!! I look forward to Imprison'ing him... most fitting punishment.

He was in vanilla as well, as part of the first cleric quest after the Unseeing Eye.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @PawnSlayer

Ah I see... I think I skipped it cos Charname thought it sounded trivial and unimportant.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Yeah, to get him you have to accept the quest, then insist from the ore merchant that you want real illithium. After a visit to the Copper Coronet (and, if you're using Unfinished Business, a further trip to the Shadow Temple of all places), you're directed to the Derelict House at the bottom of the Bridge district. Neb is accompanied by four child spirits that can level drain you, though you get more experience for "releasing" them by leaving them alone and killing Neb only.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    If you have a decent level Viconia it's fun to turn the child spirits and have them kill Neb themselves
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475

Yeah, to get him you have to accept the quest, then insist from the ore merchant that you want real illithium. After a visit to the Copper Coronet (and, if you're using Unfinished Business, a further trip to the Shadow Temple of all places), you're directed to the Derelict House at the bottom of the Bridge district. Neb is accompanied by four child spirits that can level drain you, though you get more experience for "releasing" them by leaving them alone and killing Neb only.

It should be also noted that you get your levels back after you release the spirits :)
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80
    Even I balked at the murder of a child. The addled wael deserved whatever fate awaited him after his diminutive form lay shattered.
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    Ruscoe said:

I felt bad about killing Neb, I mean he helped me get out of the prison cells in bg. no way of finishing the quest without massacring him?

... I don't even know what to say. Sure, he helped you get out of prison, but he's like the John Wayne Gacy of Faerun.