Skip to content

Gigantic Charisma and Detect Illusion

Back in the days, a friend told me that a Charisma of like 23 (thanks to, for example, Friends spell) has an impact in the game.

Somebody knows what characters/dialogues/situations change because of this?

And also is aparently funny to use the spell or the thief ability, Detect Illusion. I think in Trademeet you get a surprise with one of the characters you find there (still I didn't test it), buy anybody had a fun experience with this?

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Charisma can have an impact on shop prices, whether NPCs will join up with you or not and occasionally quest rewards (tho this latter impact was mainly BG1 only - I think they pretty much gave up on it by BG2).

I think it may also have an impact on NPC morale, which is why Khalid runs away a lot with a min/max Bhaalspawn who has 3 charisma!
  • TheZodiakTheZodiak Member Posts: 33
    Charisma has no impact on shop prices when your reputation is at 1 in BG:EE. I casted a friends spell on my PC and boosted it up to 23. The reaction goes up but the prices stay the same. I would say that reputation has much more impact in the game then having good charisma. Maybe there is a correlation between both.

I don't know how it will be in BG2:EE. I read that the shopkeepers don't talk to you if your rep is at 1.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Many dialogues have different options or NPC responses based on your speaker's reaction modifier, which is in turn based on your party's reputation and your speaker's Charisma. In BG:EE, 9+ reputation and 18+ Charisma is enough to get all the "best" choices/outcomes that depend on reaction. In BGII:EE, 9+ reputation and 22+ Charisma or 16+ reputation and 19+ Charisma are enough.

Some lines check directly for Charisma (either the speaker's or the protagonist's), but the highest for these is 18.

The situations are too many to list, but the toughest check is
    when you must return the Silver Blade to Simyaz. Normally, he attacks you whether you return it or not, but if you have a great reaction score, he will leave you alone after you return it.
    TheZodiak said:

I don't know how it will be in BG2:EE. I read that the shopkeepers don't talk to you if your rep is at 1.

This was in the original manual, but it was never implemented. They just charge you 10x the price.