Skip to content

Elemental/Shapechange forms Hit as?

Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
I've always been interested in shapechange/druid forms but I'm worried about what they hit as (ex. hits as a +2 weapon). Gamebanshee has a nice chart for resistance and some abilities, but no reference to what they hit as:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/shapeshifting.php

Forms I'm particularly interested in:
Earth elemental (Druid/Mage Shapechange are they the same?)
Fire elemental (Druid/Mage Shapechange are they the same?)
Iron Golem (Mage Shapechange)
Mind Flayer (Mage Shapechange)
Greater Wolfwere (Mage Shapechange)
Greater Werewolf (Shapeshifter)

Any information would be appreciated.
Post edited by Stasis_Sword on

Comments

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Mindflayer is the best, kills anything in like 3-4 hits, but you don't get exp...
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    kryptix said:

Mindflayer is the best, kills anything in like 3-4 hits, but you don't get exp...

But can it hit enemies that require a +3 or higher to hit? The ability to hit enemies that require magical weapons is my main question/concern.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741

kryptix said:

But can it hit enemies that require a +3 or higher to hit? The ability to hit enemies that require magical weapons is my main question/concern.
    I can't remember running into anything it couldn't hit, I could be wrong though? Its so effective because it drains 5 INT per hit and nothing really has 20 or higher in the game. Also timestop guarantees hits, so TS + Shapechange = dead enemy.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

Earth elemental (Druid/Mage Shapechange are they the same?) : +4 (yes stats wise they are the same)
    Fire elemental (Druid/Mage Shapechange are they the same?) : +4 (same as above)
    Iron Golem (Mage Shapechange) +4
    Mind Flayer (Mage Shapechange) +2
    Greater Wolfwere (Mage Shapechange) +1
    Greater Werewolf (Shapeshifter) +2
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    @elminster you sir are a gentleman and scholar. Thank you.