Skip to content

Maztica NPC

I think devs made a good job with the diversity presence among the NPCs (specially when Faerun is "Old World"-Like), but actually, no NPC represents Iberamericans.

I suggest and NPC from Maztica. There are two classes/kits not represented in NPCs in Baldur's Gate 2 and that could fit in a mayan guy:

-Archer (he can bring an enchanted archer from Maztica).

-Sorcerer. If new spells (Maztica native ones) can me made. Instead of having dragon's blood, could have Quetzal's blood.

Also, there is room for more characters from Kara-Tur, and a lot of potential. Just not were-pandas, please.

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    This is not really a job for the developers. Only modders can bring about such fancy additions :)
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Why not? They created four new NPCs. I'm talking the ones who can join you.
    I haven't heard that any new NPCs will be made by devs, where did you get that?
    Ok, excuse me. I mean however you call Dorn, Neera, Hexxat, and Rasaad. The "Non" in NPC means for me you don't create them from scratch.
    Well yeah, none of those designed, written, joinable characters will be officially made from now on as far as i know. The four ones we got already are it.
    interesting. Any reason why?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Because many people don't get enough with just engine enhancements so they added NPC with ToB quests (the only thing that matters).
    edited January 2014
    @MonoCanalla

The products (BG:EE and BGII:EE) have been made, they have been released and now, they are in support phase (patching)
    No new productions (DLC's with new content) have been announced yet.
    New content might be made in the future, but it's extremely unlikely that it will contain new NPC's because making those is very expensive. It requires a tremendous amount of coding, writing, a lot of expensive high-quality voice acting, then a lot of it's own support afterwards etc.
    edited January 2014
    bob_veng said:

New content might be made in the future, but it's extremely unlikely that it will contain new NPC's because making those is very expensive. It requires a tremendous amount of coding, writing, a lot of expensive high-quality voice acting, then a lot of it's own support afterwards etc.

NPCs weren't the most difficult nor time taking thing to do, but yes the most expensive.
    Also, NPCs DO take lots of time, and considering how people has reacted to Hexxat, I don't think they are willing to make another NPC.
    edited January 2014
    That's why the game costs almost like a new game. The production of new content was the neccesary justification to charge it so highly (i'm not saying it's too high) in order to make the whole project feasible (main part of which was technical updating).

That is also the reason why the new content is made to stick out a bit instead of blending seamlessly with the old stuff - it has been done so just in order to stress the above and make new stuff really look *new* and noticeable by everyone

I'm not terribly satisfied with that, but it has it's upsides too! It makes the additions more creative and colorful.

But all that is over, it's support time now.
    Just one thing. What about a character without quest? Meaning, another Baeloth. Has dialogue, comments, but not a quest, plot, doesn't impact in the architecture of the game. Of course, this aditions wouldn't be sold for a price, at least not the price of the other add-ons.
    That wouldn't be high enough quality for an official release.
    Baeloth is just an easter egg, quality standards don't apply there :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I could see one additional NPC in Adventure Y, but that's about it. There's not really a shortage of NPC's in the EE editions. However, IwD:EE (if it's ever made) could really profit from a large number of joinable NPC's with own quests, banters or even romances.

Out of curiousity... why are you suggesting only NPC's from Maztica (or Kara-Tur, for that matter)? I mean people from Anchorome, Lapongo, Numibia, Katashaka, Zakhara, or Osse might be just as interesting to see. ;)

I could see one additional NPC in Adventure Y, but that's about it. There's not really a shortage of NPC's in the EE editions. However, IwD:EE (if it's ever made) could really profit from a large number of joinable NPC's with own quests, banters or even romances.

Out of curiousity... why are you suggesting only NPC's from Maztica (or Kara-Tur, for that matter)? I mean people from Anchorome, Lapongo, Numibia, Katashaka, Zakhara, or Osse might be just as interesting to see. ;)

Or a joinable Quasit, that'd be great.