Skip to content

must explain important game information on manual and tutorial.

aldolaldol Member Posts: 17
edited January 2014 in Feature Requests
ranged weapons suffer from +4 penalty to ac when attacked by melee and suffer from +8 Thac0 penalty in melee.

it is very very very very very seriously important information to all gamer. isn't it?

BUT there is nowhere explaining about it. (it is not in the manual and the game)

this information was explained original game loading screen (when I was young, I had seen this and remembered barely after my character died).
loading screen is gone on EE now and THIS information is also gone together, but this mechanism exists even now.

It must be explained at the manual and game tutorial. why does player suffer from hidden game mechanism?
you beamdog should explain this before the newbie suffer from hidden mechanism.

edited - additional explanation

smart person could use composit longbow in melee because composit longbow has better Damage Per Round ( (1d6+2) x 2 rate of fire and additional 1 thac0 ) at early game stage than other early game weapons (even better than two handed sword) unless they actually know the melee penalty.

long sword = 1d8 = 1~8
two handed sword = 1d10 = 1~10
composit longbow = (1d6 +2) * 2 rate of fire = 4~14 (actually better high damage rate)

the player could reasonably use ranged weapon in melee if the player don't know melee penalty.
right?
that's why the penalty should be described.
Post edited by aldol on

Comments

• aldolaldol Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't whine if it is +1 penalty not +4
    any hidden information else?
  • aldolaldol Member Posts: 17
    and usage of tap key. it must be described.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    aldol said:

and usage of tap key. it must be described.

Do you mean the tab key?