Skip to content

Crashing immidiately after chapter 2 movie/cutscene ends

vsbdfhvsbdfh Member Posts: 15
Just starting a game with 6 custom chars (4 of which I imported from my BGEE game file). Immediately after the Ch. 2 movie/cutscene w/ Irenicus & Imoen at Cowled Wiz base, it comes back to Gaelan Bayle interior, and Crashes with a dump file (posted to the Support page).

I have installed in my game only the mods confirmed to be fully compatible from here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1

I do NOT have Ascension, Item Randomizer, or any of the NPC or romance mods, and most of the bigger mods I only have selected components installed.

Obviously, SCS, aTweaks, and BG Tweaks combined take FOREVER to install/uninstall, so I want to eliminate all other options first before ripping my install apart.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• vsbdfhvsbdfh Member Posts: 15
    Just to update, I seem to have gotten by this. One thing that happened before I left for the Slums was a vampire encounter at night. It occurred along the borders of the map, so I was unable to actually see the vampire, but I did see the equipment of the dead Shadow Thieves on the ground and I did get some dialogue from her saying I wasn't supposed to see this yet, that I must choose sides, and gave a simple reply (something like You will not stop me - whatever the 2nd option was). It was strange because I could hear her, but not see her on my screen.

Anyway, I'm HOPING that was the culprit, as I was able to reload an earlier save, try doing each individual thing I originally did before the transition, and it did not crash on me again.
    Update. Nope, something is still wrong at the Slums entrance. It worked earlier, when G. Bayle auto-dialogue's you on your first visit there, then he takes you to his house, ch2 movie, etc. And after that I left his house and went directly north to the Gov district and got a magic license. But as soon as I went to go back to the Slums, it crashes a second after I'm in.

I cannot enter the Slums without it crashing from anywhere now.
    Updating this.... uninstalling Vampire Tales fixed the issue which turned out to be centered around an animation at night causing the crash (I think).

However, having over 20 mods installed, even tho minimal components selected, is still a risk. And SCS takes SO freakin long to recompile... I just hope I don't have to start my game over.