Skip to content

Artemis and Drizzt Relative Fighting skill

KKnightKKnight Member Posts: 26
edited January 2014 in Off-Topic
I want to know two things.

1: How powerful of a fighter is drizzt compared to main character or other fighters in Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, Planescape, and Icewind Dale. Just what is his weakness because in the books it doenst seem like there is one.

2: What is the difference and advantages of artemis as well? What kind of fighter can outclass him?

It just seems like they rely on dexterity and that's about it. Maybe critical hits too. What fighters cause them trouble or is it just tanks like Obould?
Post edited by LadyRhian on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    In Planescape: Torment you get over BG2:ToB's "epic" levels with a max level of 127, so I rather take it out, because it is also a different campaign, Drizzt will be beaten instantly.
    A BG2:ToB endgame PC can easily beat Drizzt, from any of both games with ease.
    A BG:EE endgame fighter PC can take on Drizzt with some easy cheese.
    I've never played IWD so I can't tell.
    EDIT: Sorry but I don't know who Artemis is.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    These are basically impossible-to-answer questions. The characters in the game aren't as depended on levels as those in the games. Drizzt and Artemis themselves are proof of that. In the game, Artemis would destroy Drizzt every time, because he outlvls him by quite a bit.

Elminster at his strongest is a lvl 29 wizard. However, no CHARNAME at capped ToB exp would stand a chance.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited January 2014
    Drizzt has low STR and High DEX I think. Per ADnD rules, he has 20 DEX and 13 STR I think. Though he's not fighting very fair. He uses Faerie Fire and Darkness to give him an advantage.

True, both rely on Dexterity and light armor, as well as doing as many attacks as possible per round and relying on criticals or weapon properties. Artemis also has the edge on Drizzt I think, stat-wise. (Thief 11, Fighter 15).

An optimized tank or mage can take them out easily. Perhaps a Fighter/Mage multi or Fighter->Mage dual. Though in ADnD there are no optimized characters. (Except mages perhaps). For example Drizzt's STR is horrible.