Skip to content

Importing from BG1 to ToB

I wanted to see what a mage character from BG1 would look like at the beginning of ToB so I used the saved character option at character creation and the game immediately started at the ToB start with charname only.

What surprised me was the surplus of items that were included with the import. As far as I could tell, all of the items that charname had were included, including the Cloak of Balduran (which I thought you couldn't have in BG2), in addition to the blue Bag of Holding and the Seldarine amulet from the end of SoA, as well as many items that were from SoA, such as Bracers of Defense AC 3, Amulet of Power, Ring of Acuity, Varscona, FoA, Hammer of Thunderbolts, etc.

Of course, what I failed to understand was that charname would only have the spells from BG1, so no spells above level 5 - I had to wait until I had solved Lazarus' quest to check which spells would be available to transmuters. :)

Anyway, does anyone know the exact rules for importing BG1 characters straight into ToB, and what items are generated?

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    The same items that are generated if you start a fresh game in ToB as opposed to doing SoA first. I would assume anyways.
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    Thanks, and you're (mostly) right - it's been so long since I started a fresh game in ToB, I had totally forgotten that the charname would have anything more than his/her starting equipment. I've just tested it a couple of times, and the extra items are mostly the same, but there's some difference based on charname's class.