Skip to content

Question about creation of new BG2EE Item Pack and his notions

Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
Hello everyone. I have thinking about that these new items are only in locations, where we can get there only, if we have those EE npcs in our party. I think that's unfair! Why can't I get these new items like silver dragon scale, wooden horse and other without new characters and cheats? It doesn't even make sense. There was not same problem in BG1EE. Some items like Harrower + 1, The Thresher, The Stupefier +1 and other was easy to find without them. The only item that I can find in BG2EE is only Ir'revrykal +5.

But that's not the problem here. I can manage the game without those items. But it could fun to have new items in original locations or stores. So I was thinking about, what if I can create new a items from NWN series to BG2 game. Unfortunately I don't know, how use these mod editors.

So the question is: What if someone can create new mod with the new amazing items to the game?

There are some items that could really fit in the game. Most of the are from Neverwinter Nights and they could be obtainable bouth in SoA and ToB. There are some ideas.

Casiel's Soul

Full Plate Mail +3: Casiel's Soul
The plates of blackened steel are fashioned with a slaver's cruelty to fit only those who seek the foul things of the world. This armor was known to be worn by Lord Casiel the Vile in his campaign against the Purple Dragon Knights of Cormyr. Upon Lord Casiel's death the armor was said to be destroyed.

AC: -2
+50% resistance to bludgeoning
Regenerate 1 HP every 5 seconds

Only usable by evil characters

The Gilded Defender

Plate Mail +4: The Gilded Defender
The ring of metal against metal seems to cling to this ornate suit of the very finest armor. Hammered into the most intricate of shapes by the finest dwarven smiths this armor speaks of the dwarven cultures most honored companions: the Defenders. None shall pass their shield wall, and none shall withstand their charge.

AC: -1
+20% resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing and missiles
+40% resistance to fire, cold, acid and electricity

Only usable by Dwarven Defenders

Blackguard Helmet

The evil form of the paladin, the blackguard, is opposite in every way. As the image of the paladin often takes the form of a knight in shining armor, so the blackguard wears the dark plate that blends with the night. The blackguards helm is fashioned to frighten enemies with a single glance.

+1 AC bonus
+2 save vs Paralyzation
cast Horror 3 times per day
Protects against critical hits

Only usable by Blackguards

Sword Saint Legacy

Katana +5: Sword Saint Legacy
With death being the ultimate challenge for a great warrior to overcome, powerful and noble warriors have begun to sacrifice their physical bodies, so that their spirits can inhabit an ancestral Katana. The more powerful the warrior was in life, and the more noble his spirit, the more powerful the sword. It is told that the great Master Kendai Kousra inhabits a weapon so powerful that a god claimed it as his weapon of choice.

+2 AC bonus
THACO +5
1D10+5
+5 slashing damage vs evil

Not usable by evil characters

Souldrinker

Bastard Sword +5: Souldrinker
Thirsting for fresh blood, usually only a warrior intent on death and destruction wields such an evil blade. Some warriors claiming to be doing good have attempted to master the souldrinker and use it for noble purposes, but more often than naught, they are found surrounded by carnage and death too horrible to bear. One such warrior was found in a cathedral, surrounded by the corpses of priests and resting on the end of his own blade, where he had thrown himself in a fit of guilt.

THACO +5
2k4+5
15% chance to drain 1 level from target
Each hit drains 1d6 Hit Points from the target and transfers it to the wielder. This will not heal beyond the wielder's maximum.

Imaskari Shield

Large Shield +4: Imaskari Shield
Often mistaken for relics of the ancient Imaskari civilization, these massive shields were actually used against them by their enemies. While large and unwieldy, they offered substantial protection against the spells of the mighty wizards of Imaskar. Those still in use today continue to be a thorn in the side of spellcasters throughout Faerun.

AC: +4, +1 AC bonus vs missiles
+20% magic resistance

Talisman of Pure Good

These holy talismans border on the power of artifacts. Only a good creature may wear one, and even the most beatific finds his soul challenged and refined, as the device makes him more and more righteous with every passing day. Examples of these items appear in many different forms, suggesting multiple creators at different points in history. They are unfortunately very rare.

+2 charisma
+2 wisdom
+15% magic resistance

Only usable by good clerics and paladins

Talisman of Pure Evil

These sinister talismans border on the power of artifacts. Only an evil being may wear one, and even the most evil finds his dark soul being twisted and honed by the device as it turns him more and more fiendish with every passing day. Examples of these items appear in many different forms, suggesting multiple creators at different points in history. They are thankfully very rare.

+2 charisma
+2 wisdom
+15% magic resistance

Only usable by evil clerics and blackguards

So, what you others think? Could it be a good idea to have such items like these in the game?
Also Bonus merchants like Deidre and Joluv could sell them.