Skip to content

[Spoiler] Ust Natha - Drow attack the party after rescuing Phaere

DrakonisDrakonis Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 111
I just rescued Phaere from the Illithids. Her dialogue triggered properly after I killed all the enemies and she went into the fog of war like she should have.
I immediately traveled back to Ust Natha, but the Drow attacked me. I made a quicksave just before entering the city again and the game made a autosave. Loading either one didn't fix the problem.
Now, there's two reasons why I didn't post this into the bug report thread:
First, I did mod the game to have the pre-EE dialogues in german. Second: I have the hunch that my mind-controlled party members might have killed a drow in the fight, which might have triggered them being aggressive.

Is there any quick way to fix this? A flag to set or something via ingame console?
Otherwise I'd have to replay a few hours since my latest other saved game was upon entering the Sahuagin city. Which wouldn't be the end of the world but I'd still rather not if I can prevent it.

I'll attach my quicksave if any of you need it to see what triggered the drow to attack.
Save.rar 728.1K

Comments

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Did you take too long? Rest when you weren't supposed to?

If you have a save before they go red there might be a flag you can change in the console but I remember if they were already red it's too late.
    Drakonis
  • DrakonisDrakonis Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 111
    Nope, didn't rest at all since getting the drow illusion spell cast on me. I guess it really just was mind controlled Charname killing someone he shouldn't have.
    I don't know if they technicly already are red when I enter the city or just get turned to it once I do. I guess it's safe to assume the worst and just replay the last few hours. Probably won't even take that long when I skip the dialogue. Thanks for trying to help though :)
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    What about Solaufein ? You didn't mentioned him, but he should say something with Phaere as far as i remember, he is the only one you could have killed.
    Drakonis
  • DrakonisDrakonis Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 111
    edited January 2014
    He talked with her in the dialogue, but two of my characters (I believe it was Charname and Minsc) were still mind controlled at that point. I didn't even notice him dying - the reason why I think that it was caused by my characters attacking him is that I found a single set of Drow equipment on the ground after the battle (IIRC it was a scimitar and a plate or chain mail). Until I ran into the city I just figured there was some kind of weird loot distribution on the Illithids, after that I put one and one together.

However, It's still kind of sucky that your mind controlled characters can cause something like this - while maybe kind of realistic I don't think Solaufein was THAT important to the mother superior that the whole city is alarmed by him not showing up - though that would leave the problem of whom to report to to end the quest etc... there's a reason a huge game like BG2 can seem quite buggy or doesn't accept all possible outcomes the way you'd like it.
    Meh, after all, It was mainly an oversight by me and I've almost caught up in my progress... if you skip the dialogue you can clear the City of Caverns in under an hour.
    This time I made sure to make an extra save upon entering the Underdark ;)
    Thanks for trying to help!

EDIT: I can now confirm that some of my party must have sneakily killed Solaufein while I was trying to dispell the mind control. He had an additional dialogue after the dust settled this time, which he didn't have when I played the scene last time. Thanks to @Noon and @kryptix who tried to help.
    Post edited by Drakonis on