Skip to content

Karoug never turned hostile

seawiedseawied Member Posts: 24
Was doing another playthrough and went to Werewolf Island.

I was methodically clearing out the ship level by level and lost track of what floor I was on. I was pretty battered up when I went up to the final floor with Karoug and was ambushed by dialog. I quickly antagonized him and a battle was supposed to start.

Being unprepaired for the most difficult fight in the game, I quickly ran downstairs, out of the ship, into the mage's hut to rest and cast prebuffs.

But when I went all the way back up to fight Karoug, he still was human and still friendly. Naturally, I decided to take advantage and kill his mage first, which I did almost instantly. He still was friendly. I then proceeded to womp on him. He was still friendly, and constantly barraging me with an unending scream of "Give me an excuse to tear you-"

Took me a while, but I took him out. I was a little disappointed by the lack of wolfweres spawning for extra XP, but the bug wasn't exactly game breaking.

Comments

• seawiedseawied Member Posts: 24
    Quick update: Upon returning to town, I am unable to tell Kaisha that the wolfweres were exterminated
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    Oh, this happened to be a lot of time ago... Where you using some sort of thing that gave you more speed to escape before he is able to transform? That causes this bug, I've ran into it with a Swashbuckler, and reloaded and did it again, that made it work well (just wait until he changes to werewolf and run, with all the floors you'll miss them anyway).
    Note: this is the Greater Werewolf, Kaishas Gan turns into the Karoug and then the folks that are waiting for you at Ulgoth's Beard.
    2 boots of speed and a quick monk might be what did it.

In case anyone runs into this problem, just slaughter the town. The storyline will proceed as normal and it will have no effect on your reputation.
    seawied said:

2 boots of speed and a quick monk might be what did it.

In case anyone runs into this problem, just slaughter the town. The storyline will proceed as normal and it will have no effect on your reputation.

Have you escaped before he shapeshifted or after? It is easier to reload.... And much better from an RP point of view for a good character (RPing is still not mattering much for bugs).
    I escaped before he shapeshifted.

I already cleared out the island. I've played through the game several times and I just wanted a different character to get all the tombs/pantaloons for BG2. RPing wasn't a concern.
    Well, escaping before he shape-shifts causes this, I don't know if it should be moved to not an issue or if we should make the shape-shift faster...
    And sorry to include RP purposes, I'm the worst power gamer out there (unless I role play evil, it is really funny).