Skip to content

Role playing a Old Republic Sith in BG?

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
My restartitis has been triggered by an unknown force, and I always wished to play as Darth Zannah, the apprentice of Darth Bane, dictator of the Rule of Two.
If you don't know how she looks, take a look here and you can also look at my profile pic (the idea of using you current PC's portrait as icon goes to BelgarMTH).
I started to play as a Sorcerer with her, but I think that a Fighter/Thief will fit her more.... I really don't know if I should dual-class her or if I should do multi-class? Any suggestions in how should I play her? Her stats area already decided as well as the proficiencies and the portrait, and she is going to be Lawful Evil.

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I don't know anything about the character specifically...

But I once saw a documentary about Star Wars, and it says that Jedi Knights are strongly inspired by Shaolin Monks and Buddhist and Chinese Philosophy, with The Force closely resembling the 'Chi', which is central to Chinese traditional medicene and martial arts. Thus the Jedi closely resemble Wuxia heroes and the Sith are pretty similar to Wuxia villains.

I vaguely remember you mentioning that you've never played with a Kensai=>Mage yet? Or was that somebody else? I'm not sure. Maybe you can mod a Monk/Mage...
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Isn't she more of a saber fighter than the spell casting type of lich? So I'd say go with fighter Mage maybe elf? Then use glowing swords! If you feel that the force is more divine then arcane just go with fighter cleric maybe actually a dual makes more sense as sith get stronger it's more force less melee. It'd have to be a high level dual though or a power gaming one at 13 but that makes sense because of the time spent studying the force.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Heindrich1988 nope, modding classes is a real pain, a real pain. I've never played a Kensai->Mage, but definetly I don't see her as a Mage if not as a Sorcerer, the character I choosed is not very popular, here you can find some information you might like to read.
    I really want to play as a Sorcerer, but I feel like a need for some melee, I mean, she was very powerful as a fighting women, and I want that part of her too.
    edited January 2014
    @Heindrich1988 double post treachery!
    I'll use it to clarify some things anyway.
    I could make her a Kensai/Thief and give her innate abilities like what I did for you, still she will require lots of them, I think I'll go for this one... and she should be able to wear armor, at least Leather armors and robes.
    @kryptix she uses a two-handed Lightsaber so I'll go for staves (and maybe mod one for BG2:EE) and other two handed weapons, she also uses her Force Powers a lot, some Bhaalspawn abilities resemble those powers, like Horror and Draw Upon Holy Might do with Cause Fear and a common Sith rage, I should use Improved Haste/Haste to copy the Force Dash, Chain Lightning and Lightning Bolt to simulate discharges of lightning over enemies, Blur could be used to simulate some tricks to make one harder to hit in combat, like a simple illusion made with the Force.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Play a fighter/mage, single-weapon or two-weapon fighting, and go from there.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I played a pretty good sith assassin in swtor and it was a lot of fun. If you can mod it to resemble that it would probably be ideal but that feels like fmt where you grandmaster staves and limit the spells you can learn.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    There is a mod for BG2 for Jedi and Sith kits. No clue if it actually would work or not for BGEE/BG2EE.

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45455
    @elminster I knew that, but I've tried to stay away from it just because I want to play BG:EE and not vanilla BG2 again, you're tempting me...

@GamingFreak I had that idea, but how the Force works goes, well, against Arcane magic, Jedi and Sith are more like Sorcerers, but I'll consider using different proficiencies for different Jedi/Sith PCs.

@kryptix I haven't played SWtOR yet, I've played lots of KotOR2 before getting on BG:EE, I was thinking about modding a little, but I was going to play the 1.2.2031 beta, but that can get smashed and I'll use a F/M/C with CRTL+8 for the beta.

Well, I'm going to make armor, lightsabers (and it's proficiency) and real Force Powers and see if I can make a mod...
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    the staff spear is kind of a magical tiny lightsaber, read the description :)
    @bob_veng I know, but it does not look like much, anyway, if I mod lightsabers I'll create a new proficiency.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    in d&d terms a jedi is actually a psionics user i think

you could adapt this mod to give it more star wars themed jedi powers: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16794/mod-psionics-unleashed-ver-0-3-new-update-bg2ee-support

also you could make it so that it's not a mage class but more of a fighter/mage

i'd make the jedi class by taking this psion class and multiclassing it with a kensai (so armor is prohibited)

but if you're not going to mod anything, i wouldn't try this because you can't have a faightful emulation of jedi powers with the current class system.

also, i wouldn't add a new proficiency, i'd just stick with longswords for lightsabers and staves for dual lightsabers
    @bob_veng I'll mod more than one thing for sure, I don't know about proficiencies, I'll think about that, but if I mod something all the abilities are going to be innate given by a table at level up.
    And I'll create new spells too :D Force Push and some others...
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Well there's already the wing buffet...
    edited January 2014
    Skaffen said:

Well there's already the wing buffet...

Wing buffet is also a very easy to set effect.
    So...
    Why not to male one, that deals crushing damage and is one-target only.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Knockback effect of Staff of the Ram?
    edited January 2014
    Skaffen said:

Knockback effect of Staff of the Ram?

Yep, like that one! :D