Skip to content

[Mod] Jaheira dialog looping, Viconia romance won't start

jacksafoxjacksafox Member Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I've got several mods for romance (flirt packs, romance everyone at once with no restrictions), and I'm currently romancing Hexxat also. She's fine, but Viconia's lovetalks have never started (I've had her a long time, 30 odd game days). I've tried the console commands people have suggested in other posts to get it moving (viconiaromance and viconiaromanceactive, the lovetalks command says invalid) to no avail. Her romance is 1 (I tried setting it to 2, too, and whilst that lets me flirt with her, no viconia-initiated lovetalks trigger).

Meanwhile Jaheira got taken hostage by bandits despite me not having started any of the harper quests yet. Since then she has been stuck repeating the "You IDIOT..." speech every five minutes [Edit: it's now increased to every couple of seconds, which is making it kind of hard to do anything else at all except be called an idiot over and over and over...!], and every time I try to talk to her. I have since done the harper quests in the hope that it would fix it, no change. I tried spawning in Meronia who successfully took her away and elicited a journal entry (Jaheira summoned to harpers etc), but when I go to the docks she's stood outside the building and when I approach behaves as if I have just tried to kick her out the party. When I accept her again, she just says "You IDIOT...". I don't have a save before the bandit attack, as I didn't realise it was premature and saved over it. I've seen other posts suggest shadowkeeper to move the lovetalks along one, but I'm running Mac OSX and can't track down a mac-friendly version of shadowkeeper, and the lovetalk console command isn't working for me. Is there a way to escape my masochistic romance?

I've been playing BGii for years now, but am new to modding and consoles, so forgive me if I'm omitting any obvious information folks need to problem solve this. If you let me know what info you need, I'll happily provide it.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2014
    wow, she really won't let go of that lol. i will admit I really did lol a bit thinking about Jaheira constantly calling charname an idiot after that incident

one possible solution may be to kill Jaheira and revive her. that often fixes dialogue glitches

for viconia you can quickly check what her romance value is. note that a full elf unlike a half elf cannot romance her

maybe with a save file somebody could get a look at variables and try to fix it. i could take a look myself if I am still on
  • jacksafoxjacksafox Member Posts: 4
    Iknowhuh! Masochism is one thing but she won't let me walk a pace, it's getting intense lol

Ah I haven't tried killing her yet (surprisingly...), I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
    I'm a half-elf, and Viconia's value is set to 1, so it should be okay.

Can you point me in the direction of instructions explaining how to attach a save file, from a mac? I've tried searching the forum but just pull up every time someone mentions a save game
    Ah, no luck, killing her just gives me a temporary reprieve... she continues to call me an idiot as soon as I revive her.
    unfortunately I don't know the mac file system, but if you know where the file is then you can get a program like winrar and compress the save file's folder and attach it to the forum like that. not sure what programs like that work on mac or not, but something like winrar will do. if mac is similar to windows i know on windows you find saves in documents/Baldurs Gate II: Enhanced Edition/saves
    also sorry it took a while I could have been notified if you put @childofbhaal599. i won't be on much longer but I will try if you are fast to reply with the file. if not I am sure somebody will be able to help.
    If I return home later and this is not fixed then if their is a save file I could compare to my save's variables. It indeed could be a problem with the banditplot, but that wouldn't explain Viconia
    Yes, sorry - it was locating the save file I was unsure about. Thanks for clarifying!

Ah I think I seem to have fixed it! (Typical, as soon as I resign myself to asking...). I worked out the console command for the Lovetalks, advanced Jaheira's, but that elicited the one that should occur after Meronia. So I knocked it back a bunch, trawled through them all again, but this time the bandits materialised correctly and Meronia spawned of her own accord afterward. Since then, it's been fine. Jaheira still gets stuck on a looping dialogue (that literally triggers every other second) sometimes (doesn't matter what the dialogue is - flirt, lovetalk, it just repeats) I can't find what's causing that (it's not health, and killing or disbanding her doesn't solve it), but it seems to be stalled by area changes or encountering enemies. But I can live with that!

As for Viconia, she didn't have a lovetalk variable at all (which is still confusing to me), so I set hers as 1, and sure enough she's now chatting away to me as she should be. I have no idea what was stopping her before, but at least it's a workaround.

Thanks for your help, guys!
    never had a romance variable? now that is a little strange. glad it is fixed though. i don't have those mods and I would bet it was the mods, especially when they are related to where the issue was. jaheira is actually quite bug free in EE anyway, or at least I didn't notice any. it still could have tried to lead us to sleeping in the wilderness to get the bandit encounter though, because that essentially stalls it for most people.