Skip to content

Help Cant get out of first Dungeon.

I bought BGIIEE AND NOW I AM STUCK on the very 1st level. Ive walked through everywhere it lets me but All the doors are locked and i cant find the key. Im prob just being dumb but some help would be awesome.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You need to speak to the golem in the circular room. He will open the doors for you.
    abacus
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    As a general rule, on a first play it's a good idea to talk to anyone who doesn't immediately try to stick a sword in you...
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You need to give him the activation stone which you find on a table in a nearby room.
    abacus
  • Brucepp12Brucepp12 Member Posts: 45
    ,thanks friends.
  • Brucepp12Brucepp12 Member Posts: 45
    Hey another question if i buy one of THE LOCKED characters at the first menu domi have tomstart a new game to get them? I purchased the theif NPC CHARACTER BUT WHEN I loaded my game she wasnt their. Just the monk. Thamks for all the help
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    She should appear in the copper coronet inn, upper corner near the bar
    elminster
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You probably have to start a new game unless you haven't been to the copper coronet yet.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    If this is the first time you've played any Baldur's Gate, I strongly recommend that you start with BG 1EE. Unlike many games, the Baldur's Gate saga really is designed to be played from the beginning.

Anyway, encase you didn't notice, there is a small magnifying glass button at the bottom right corner of the UI. It will highlight all creatures and containers within sight, and even show names. As @FinneousPJ said, it's a good idea to speak to people, and using that function saves you clicking on every generic peasant and commoner. Named individuals are normally named for a reason. Taverns are always a good place to find out what's going on in an area. :)
    jackjack