Skip to content

Twinsters

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited January 2014 in Off-Topic
When I was a sophomore in college, I met an amazing person named Sam Futerman. She was immensely popular with everyone I knew, and there was something instantly lovable about her, like a cloud of euphoric sunshine following her wherever she went. The type of person you wanted to be friends with because, come on, it's Sam.

She was also a fantastic actress; she just seemed to be at home on stage performing just whatever was available. I can't think of a single professor who didn't adore her.

After college I didn't see Sam, primarily because I moved to New York almost immediately. And I didn't give her much of a second thought after that, either; I saw photos from her on Facebook doing--just crazy awesome life things, let me tell you. But none of it surprised me, really, until this morning when I saw some amazing news: She has a twin sister.

Now, okay, lots of people have twins, sure. But Sam just found out about her sister last year; they were separated at birth, adopted by different families in like whoa different parts of the world, and then...well, I'll let you read the article. Suffice to say, they're twin sisters, they're almost exactly alike in the best ways, and now they're making a movie to tell their story.

I'm going to put a link to their Kickstarter page, because Sam's awesome and her story promises to be just as awesome as a documentary and why not help make it happen? But really I just wanted to share her story, because it made me smile, and everyone deserves a cloud of euphoric sunshine in their day.

That's all.
CrevsDaakHeindrich[Deleted User]jackjackmch202AristilliusFredjololien

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Totally awesome update: Their story's on Facebook's ten-year anniversary site as part of their "Ten Stories". Check it out.

Their Kickstarter's doing pretty well too. If you haven't backed their documentary yet, excuse me while I abuse my powers of persuasion to convince you to do so now.
    CrevsDaakFredjo
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Sam and Anais were on Good Morning America today. I don't typically watch morning talk shows, buuuut...

Oh, and if (like me) you've been watching their Kickstarter video over and over again and want to know where the music came from, it's Jase Warner.

Only a week left to help them out with their Kickstarter to fund the rest of their documentary's post-production; they're almost there, so why not be a part of it?
    CrevsDaakjackjack