Skip to content

2da bugs

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
There are 2 2da files that do not work as designed. Not sure if that should be put here, but it is a bug.

clswpbon.2da does not allow you to assign an extra half of an attack based on proficiency skill as it was designed to do. In will remove the attack from fighters, but not ad d it to anyone else. In fact, it seems to only notice 0 as if I set fighter to -1 or 50, it leaves the half attack as is.

profs.2da does not allow you to assign more than 2 pips at character creation even if you say 3 or more. It defaults to 2, however, it appears that the rate does work.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    The proficiencies you can assign at character creation are limited by another file or it might be wrong (like much 2DAs).
    CLSWPBON.2DA only rules the APR given by proficiencies, not by level, but it has some, well, strange things, I use values of higher value than 1 and it seems to work.
    @Illdyth please move to not an issue or to modding, since this could ne helpful.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    Can you please give me an example of what you use and how it works?

This is a snippet:

V1.0
    GETS_PROF_APR UNARMED_DIVISOR ZERO_SKILL_THAC0
    MAGE 0 0 5
    FIGHTER -5 0 2
    CLERIC 1 0 3
    THIEF 4 0 3
    BARD 0 0 3

Here, the fighter STILL gets his half of an attack with his weapon with 2 pips. The cleric does not and the thief does not either. What have you put in there that allows a non-fighter character to receive an extra half attack with their specialized weapon?
    edited January 2014
    You have to affect it by kit, so it won't work for the Swashie if you out it for the vanilla thief.
    Use only 1=yes 0=no, I've made a mistake before and thought of a different 2DA.
    The file you are looking for looks like this, some thing may look broken, if you want so, fix them, I've done so wit them.
    2DA V1.0
    GETS_PROF_APR UNARMED_DIVISOR ZERO_SKILL_THAC0
    MAGE 0 0 5
    FIGHTER 1 0 2
    CLERIC 0 0 3
    THIEF 0 0 3
    BARD 0 0 3
    PALADIN 1 0 2
    DRUID 0 0 3
    RANGER 1 0 2
    FIGHTER_MAGE 1 0 2
    FIGHTER_CLERIC 1 0 2
    FIGHTER_THIEF 1 0 2
    FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF 1 0 2
    MAGE_THIEF 0 0 5
    CLERIC_MAGE 0 0 3
    CLERIC_THIEF 0 0 3
    FIGHTER_DRUID 1 0 2
    FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC 1 0 2
    CLERIC_RANGER 1 0 2
    ABJURER 0 0 5
    CONJURER 0 0 5
    DIVINER 0 0 5
    ENCHANTER 0 0 5
    ILLUSIONIST 0 0 5
    INVOKER 0 0 5
    NECROMANCER 0 0 5
    TRANSMUTER 0 0 5
    WILDMAGE 0 0 5
    BERSERKER 1 0 2
    WIZARD_SLAYER 1 0 2
    KENSAI 1 0 2
    CAVALIER 1 0 2
    INQUISITOR 1 0 2
    UNDEAD_HUNTER 1 0 2
    FERALAN 1 0 2
    STALKER 1 0 2
    BEASTMASTER 1 0 2
    ASSASIN 0 0 3
    BOUNTY_HUNTER 0 0 3
    SWASHBUCKLER 0 0 3
    BLADE 0 0 3
    JESTER 0 0 3
    SKALD 0 0 3
    TOTEMIC_DRUID 0 0 3
    SHAPESHIFTER 0 0 3
    BEAST_FRIEND 0 0 3
    TALOS 0 0 3
    HELM 0 0 3
    LATHANDER 0 0 3
    BARBARIAN 1 0 2
    SORCERER 0 0 5
    BLACKGUARD 1 0 2
    SHADOWDANCER 0 0 5
    DWARVEN_DEFENDER 1 0 2
    DRAGON_DISCIPLE 0 0 5
    MONK 1 3 2
    DARK_MOON 1 3 2
    SUN_SOUL 1 3 2
    Just put a 1 there and it should work.
    It doesn't. 1s only work with fighter classes. Actually, like I said before, any number BUT 0 gives a fighter class their expected attack. Any number for another class does nothing. It is definitely broke.
    wolpak said:

It doesn't. 1s only work with fighter classes. Actually, like I said before, any number BUT 0 gives a fighter class their expected attack. Any number for another class does nothing. It is definitely broke.

Oh, just tried, it worked for me in earlier versions, I'm sure of that, but I don't know why it stopped working..
    well, part of it works well, I've just tried changing the unskilled penalty and that worked well.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    thanks for catching that. turns out that the table was being read properly but when the apr check was unhardcoded for warriors the level check was not, so all non warrior classes were effectively being given a level of 0 when checking for the bonus in wspatck.2da. i guess we tested with something like a ranger or paladin.

to clarify a bit:

the actual number doesn't matter so long as it's not 0. and the 2 profs at startup is a hardcoded restriction that I'm sure was devised just to stop me from dropping all my points into katanas with my kensei :(.

the number in profs.2da controls how many points you get on your first level, not how many you can spend in one prof.
    CrevsDaak
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    In the bugtracker as issue 7488.
    SethDavis said:

the number in profs.2da controls how many points you get on your first level, not how many you can spend in one prof.

My bad, I meant profsmax.2da. The first column tells you how many you can designate on the first level. If I bump it higher than 2, I still cannot allocate more than 2 profs on the first level.
    SethDavis
    another good catch ^^ should be good as 7492

*shakes fist at past self for incompetence*
    I can't seem to find the thread for buglists. Any chance for a link here?
    the buglist is on another website behind a login thing. I don't think you could actually see it if I did link you.

http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/7492

if we have a thread for it I don't know of it.
    Ah. I think I should have access. :)
    SethDavis said:

the buglist is on another website behind a login thing. I don't think you could actually see it if I did link you.

I can't see it even after registering...
    SethDavis said:

thanks for catching that. turns out that the table was being read properly but when the apr check was unhardcoded for warriors the level check was not, so all non warrior classes were effectively being given a level of 0 when checking for the bonus in wspatck.2da.

I was hoping that I could find a way around this by adding a column or two to wspatck.2da. Since you are saying that the level check was not being read properly, I was hoping that it was looking for warrior level and wspatck.2da starts at 1 (and thus, nothing would be applied). So, I tried adding level 0 and even level -1 and neither work. Is there some sort of method to manipulate this table to get by this issue at all, or would I just have to wait til the next update?
    sorry, i don't get notifications for quotes, just the @ stuff

@CrevsDaak - yeah, you need to be added to the project by someone a fair bit higher than me, maybe only Cam can do it

@wolpak - I'm pretty sure you're out of luck for this for a while. hopefully it gets in for the next update, but i have ~120 things waiting to be cleared
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited February 2014
    wolpak said:

I can't seem to find the thread for buglists. Any chance for a link here?

@wolpak The buglist is here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26099/the-consolidated-reported-issues-thread-please-read-before-posting-spoiler-warning

@CrevsDaak @SethDavis The dev tracker isn't viewable by the public.
    CrevsDaak