Skip to content

Confused about content

immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
I've been kicking around in here for a couple of weeks, just where does BG:EE end and BG2 begin? I keep seeing references to BG2 mods but it appears to be in reference to BG1 in BG:EE.... sooooo am I right in the following assumption, BG:EE is BG1 using BG2 code and fixes and mods that can be applied to the BG1 story? and all the BG2 story will be in BG2:EE ??? :D or is this like Baldur's gate Trilogy BG! and BG2 Shadows of Ahm?

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    BG:EE is Baldur's Gate 1 + Tales Of the sword coast + 3 new NPCS + The Black pits. using TOB engine with all the BG2/Tob classes and Kits.

BG2:EE will include BG2:SOA + TOB, will be released in 2013
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Ahhh see it was the talk about all the BG2 mods/fixes that was confusing me, thanks for the clarification :)
    *sigh* 2013....guess Ill just have to play and replay BG:EE till then ;)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited August 2012
    They made it impossible to finish BG:EE, before BG II:EE is out....

:P
  • RedfloydRedfloyd Member Posts: 8
    Good that will make me busy until PvP arena on D3 is out too....
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    mch202 said:

What is your source for this release date?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Sceptenar

I'm pretty sure that TrentOster has already mentioned that on his twitter.
    Since I posted I did see other references to 2013 for BG2 it was just all the things I was seeing included with BG:EE were confusing me but MCH202 straightened me out.
    @Tanthalas
    Looked into it. The only thing I can find is this on Trent Oster's Twitter from July 27th:
    "#bg2ee is going to be much easier thanks to all the preceding work on #bgee. We're not going to talk timelines for a while."
    I suspect we could see BG2:EE before 2013 since all the hard work (the engine) is already done.
    Ooo maybe before...in time for Christmas?? :D
    edited August 2012
    Sceptenar said:

mch202 said:

What is your source for this release date?
    @Sceptenar
    Tanthalas is right, Trent Oster said it in one of his tweets, a reliable source I would say ;-)

12 July Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    #bgee will launch in 2012, before summer ends! #BG2EE will ship in 2013. We're committed!
    @mch202

Dangit. Should have kept reading. I hate twitter....

I'll cross my fingers for January 1st. Hope the world doesn't end before then...
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    There's also the very likely possibility of post-release DLC for BG:EE, so that could potentially extend the game length further while we're waiting for BG2:EE.

Additionally, I imagine modding forums are going to go absolutely berserk in the months following the game's release - who knows what they'll conjure up? :)
    Sceptenar said:

@mch202

Dangit. Should have kept reading. I hate twitter....

I'll cross my fingers for January 1st. Hope the world doesn't end before then...

Well I wont be playing BG2:EE untill Aug 2013 so I dont care much about when in 2013... I just hope that some of the DLC that they are planning will be released in the following month of the initial release, though unlikley.