Skip to content

Help with Haer'dalis & Aerie's romance

So I'm in my 3rd playthrough of BG2. This time I'd like to see the romance plot between Haer'dalis (never used this guy before) and Aerie. According to this introduction I found(http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/npcs/haerdalis.php), when Aerie come inquire charname' feelings toward her, if charname confesses then there would be a triangle confrontation. However that's not what I experienced. After a while since my confession, Aerie just declined Haer and Haer is fine with that. It annoys me since I actually planned to be "put" into the confrontation then resign at the last moment. Tried edit the lovetalk variables( both Aerie and Haer's), HAERDALISROMANCEACTIVE and HAERDALISROMANCE to 1, somehow the dialogues are halted since then. Can someone help me continue their relationship? Thanks.

Comments

• egonegon Member Posts: 94
    If you are too far in too your own romance with Aerie she will reject HD.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, you have to let them be with one another for some time before progressing further with your romance. Basically the sooner you get HD, the more likely desired situation will occur.

Now, as for the solution: I don't know if this will work, but you could try to regress your romance with Aerie. You will need to change the lovetalks number to lower (I assume AERIEROMANCEACTIVE is 1, if it's 2, you will have to change it to 1).

If it works, you will have to go through the talks with Aerie again but you will give the poor bloke more time to try to woo your girl :)

EDIT: oh, sorry, I see you already tried the lovetalk variable. NVM then.
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Appreciate your help! Didn't know Aerie's reaction was tied to the romance progression. Edit Aerie's lovetalk a way back did the trick!