Skip to content

Cromwell and Watcher's Keep

When I originally played BG2, Watcher's Keep didn't exist so I only went to it in Throne of Bhaal. It never occured to me that the stuff you find there Cromwell wouldn't even be able to touch.

I'm fine with him not knowing how to do the Thieves Hood and other similar items, but it seems completely ridiculous that he cannot do the White Dragon Scales, especially since (at least in Tabletop) white dragons are very much babby's first dragon and I'm sure plenty of people would come to him asking them to get forged!

I've managed to do almost all of the Keep before I went to Spellhold and I kind of wanted a proper reward for it!

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    In BG Tweaks I think there's an option to let Cromwell forge ToB items.
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    Skaffen said:

In BG Tweaks I think there's an option to let Cromwell forge ToB items.

yes there is, I tried it and the game crashed everytime I talked to cromwell. Now I don't know if it's a common problem or it just happened to me, but I had to uninstall all bg2tweaks because of a lot of problems.

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @maxi I haven't installed it on EE, only vanilla once where it worked. As per the compatibility list it should

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1

I suggest you check in the modding section.
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    @Skaffen
    there is where I downloaded it... I am sure that with the vanilla version works good, but maybe with the EE has some problems. Not all the tweaks of course, some of them works fine.
  • TaearTaear Member Posts: 90
    I guess I'm saying it should have been part of the EE rather than have to get a mod!
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I suppose you could console the completed items in and then throw away the components and a dozen high-value gems so it doesn't feel like cheating... Not ideal, I know, but it achieves the desired result...