Skip to content

Xzar and Monty to BG2? Or evil PC alternatives to Jaheira, Minsc and maybe Imoen?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
I need more Monty and I need more Xzar. Are there any mods other than The Darkest Day that add them? TDD added them but they were silent. I need more of my favorite duo. I might actually do an evil playthrough if I had them.
Post edited by booinyoureyes on

Comments

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    The problem with Xzar, even though his personality is priceless and he's one of my favorite NPCs ever, is that he has nothing going for him, stat-wise.

Monty on the other hand, would be perfect if we didn't have Hexxat.
    Neutral Evil Hafling Fighter/Thief with great stats and a sociopath? Yes, please.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    But Monty is cooler than Hexxat, plus Xzar can be the only dual classable character in SoA after Yoshimo with a point in wisdom. Imagine having a cleric who can use the Robe of Vecna (other than Aerie). I think that is definitely a huge plus stats-wise. Cleric spells all have huge casting times.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited February 2014
    The problem with casters is that you either go full with them, or not at all. They don't dual-class that well.
    Though, some Cleric proficiencies wouldn't be bad.

Though in Xzar's case it's Mage->Cleric which is quite a bad dual-class.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing him in a Pale Master PrC/kit from 3.5E.

Basically like the Dragon Disciple but instead they get undead immunities over time.
    Then he would be quite badass.

Like, delaying their casting for one level like the Sorcerer and after a point they can only be healed with negative energy but get immunities to a ton of stuff. That would be interesting and fitting for him.
    if you dual class him immediately it wont be an issue. I'd take him basically as a cleric who can use the robe of vecna. The mage spells are secondary, though a 10d6 skull trap isn't anything to laugh at in SoA.
  • golingarfgolingarf Member Posts: 157
    Better to dual him at 12 - contingency is worth the wait, and that's not a bad dual-class at all. It beats straight cleric by a lot, though he'll never be quite what Aerie is. Still I'd just leave him as-is myself - but I suppose it doesn't matter since he's not there.

It's kind of weird for an evil pc to wake up next to Minsc and Jaheira. I'm surprised nobody made a mod that changes that.
    golingarf said:

Better to dual him at 12 - contingency is worth the wait, and that's not a bad dual-class at all. It beats straight cleric by a lot, though he'll never be quite what Aerie is. Still I'd just leave him as-is myself - but I suppose it doesn't matter since he's not there.

It's kind of weird for an evil pc to wake up next to Minsc and Jaheira. I'm surprised nobody made a mod that changes that.

@golingarf an alternative for an evil pc is a great idea. Put Shar-Teel instead of Minsc (you can make sexist comments so she would get pissed and break out). Put Eldoth or Kagain instead of Jaheira. Eldoth is "sad" that Skie died (in place of Khalid).
    Unfortunately great ideas are easier to come by than even mediocre realities. But maybe some of the evil NPC mods that actually do exist are worth looking at. I don't think I would care to play with Vicky, Edwin, Korgan, Dorn, and Hexxat. You ought to have at least a little bit of choice.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=133.0

Check here. This has Xzar and Monty added, although I don't know about the quality. I also know it allows an evil end for the quest in Tradesmeet involving Faldorn. I haven't played it, and it may need updated to the latest weidu upgrade, but I *think* it should work besides that. Again, though, I haven't played it.
    Awesome, thanks for the reference! I looked through the mods before and I saw Tiax, but no X&M.