Skip to content

Does anyone have a list of items i should keep for ToB while playing through SoA?

KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
There must be a list somewhere yet i can't find it :(
Edit: I meant the items i should keep for cespenar to upgrade :) forgot to add that

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I might be wrong, but with very few exceptions, (Carsoymr and Flail of Ages being the most notable), everything Cespenar can upgrade is found in Throne of Bhaal itself (including Watcher's Keep, if you've been.) I don't have a list, or know of any, but if in doubt, why not keep it in the Bag of Holding? That thing has amazing capacity! :)

Also, since Watcher's Keep is accessible in SoA and ToB, u can store stuff in the containers in the upper level, and they'll be safely there once u start ToB too.

Be aware that there are also SoA items that only Cromwell can forge, like Crom Faeyr, which I had the components for, but found that Cespenar could not forge for me when I eventually decided to do so.
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    ahaa thank you for that info :) i also delved a little deeper and found a list for cespenar's recipes and cromwell's aswell
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/cromwellsforge.php

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/shops/cespenar.php
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    New stuff from EE 2 - mechanical bird.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    The smith in the docks won't upgrade helm of the rock so hang on to it's horns for ToB, won't upgrade FoA so hang onto that flail head from Watcher's Keep. Cespanar won't craft Crom Faeyr so if you want it make sure to craft it SoA obviously ... not a comprehensive list just off the top of my head. Oh hang onto the serpent staff if you want to upgrade Ravager later ...
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Gold and silver pantaloons.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2014
    The part I hate is Cespenar not making Crom Faeyr and the Red Dragon Scale armor... forgot to make those in my game :(. Oh well, I consoled them in :)
    Just a warning to get those done first. Also the sword of the equilizer, wave halberd and maybe some other stuff too.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    It would be nice if Cromwell and Cespenar could share recipes... Fair enough limiting Cromwell I suppose, but it's odd that the imp can only work with certain coloured dragon scales...
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'd keep hold of high-end gemstones as well. Star Sapphires, king's tears, diamonds, emeralds and one or two others are used in some recipes.

Also, keep a ring of fire resistance and a ring of invisibility.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Corvino said:

I'd keep hold of high-end gemstones as well. Star Sapphires, king's tears, diamonds, emeralds and one or two others are used in some recipes.

Also, keep a ring of fire resistance and a ring of invisibility.

Rogue stones too