Skip to content

Amusing Retail Questions Customers Ask

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Will this be a continuing comic? I'd like to follow it if it is.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    It *Is* a continuing comic. The title is "Retail" and it's by an artist named Norm Feuti. It is about an Assistant Manager named Marla who works for a Manager named Stuart in a store known as "Grumbels" (a play on the dept. store (now defunct) known as "Gimbels"). Also working there are Val, a store associate, and Cooper, a stock boy. By now, Stuart got kicked up to District Manager, Marla is now Store Manager and Cooper is manager of the stock room (Over Stuart's objections, who thinks Cooper is a slacker- he isn't, but he's a hard worker who, once his work for the store is done, likes to relax, even if his hours for the day are not yet over).

Here's a link to the first comic. You can read it from there: http://retailcomic.com/comics/january-1-2006/
    And another one, much older.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Thanks, @LadyRhian. I find a lot of entertainment I really enjoy through your links and recommendations. :)

I've got this one added to my reading list.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I hope @LadyRhian doesn't mind a slight derail, or at least change of media form...

But this thread reminded me of this gem... ASDA is Walmart in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFAJ0aShhU
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I think deep down, customers just want something to break the ice. They feel awkward just walking up to a total stranger and asking for help, so they ask politely first.

Still, that's no excuse to not use your eyes. *facepalm*
    Today's Cartoon:
    Today's comic: