Skip to content

Fuzzy screen in fullscreen mode.

ObsydObsyd Member Posts: 11
edited February 2014 in Mac OS X (Archive)
Hi there!

So I purchased the MAC version of BG:EE from beamdog. When I use fullscreen mode I think the game incorrectly detects my monitors resolution because the resolution it uses is way below native resolution and the screens seems to be vibrating a little (my native res: 1920x1080). The game version is 1.2.
How can I fix this?

I'm on osx mavericks.

Thank you for your help!

[FIX]:
By setting my monitors refresh rate to 50Hz (in OSX) the problem is gone!
Post edited by Obsyd on

Comments

• ObsydObsyd Member Posts: 11
    Is there a way I can force the engine to use a custom resolution when entering fullscreen mode? No matter what I do, in fullscreen I'm not able to get native resolution.
    Ok! I have news!
    Actually the resolution is not the problem! I took a screenshot and the screenshots dimensions were my native resolution! So sorry for the confusion!

But the "vibrating" problem is there! The screen is vibrating real fast thats why it gets blurry.

So I think the problem is refresh rate related!

Anyone?
    What really happened:

So it turns out the game simply starts in 1080i mode instead of 1080p. I checked in my monitors menu and it's in 1080i at 60Hz.

How can I fix this?
    Well I fixed this by setting the refresh rate to 50Hz in OSX and now the game starts up in 1080p at 50Hz mode an the screen no longer vibrates!

I'm going to update my first post!

Anyway, can we do something so It won't enter 1080i when at 60Hz?