Skip to content

a drow's dilmina

Ok i'm wondering if I should make my drow shadow(I call him that because the fighter/thief is too long) evil due to his heritage (drow and bhaalspawn) or a evil character due to the way gorion raised him but the point is I like this class and combo while not the hard hitter of the orcan varity it has more speed should I give my drow katanas or bastard swords?

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    What exactly is the question here? The alignment doesn't change anything for a fighter/thief. For a cleric, it would be a bit different with spells, but F/T has no skills that depend on alignment. Bastard Swords can't backstab, so I wouldn't use them on a thief.
  • drakescar9drakescar9 Member Posts: 65
    I thought alignment changes some desidions for you stroywise?
  • golingarfgolingarf Member Posts: 157
    edited February 2014
    Well, you can roleplay any character any which way. So there is often an "evil" choice and a "good" choice in dialogues and sometimes in quests, especially in BG1. In BG2 they mostly assume you are good and being evil can be a little boring. Even Paladins can basically do whatever they want so long as their reputation doesn't fall below 6. So If your Paladin buys 18 reputation from the temple, that's a license to murder and still be a Paladin. So yeah, other than some small mechanical issues and one or two encounters that check your alignment, it's a cosmetic choice.

Mechanics-wise, by the way, neutral is almost always best. You won't get hit by Holy Smite or Unholy Blight, although the former is more relevant since it means you can use it yourself. Neutral clerics also get all the cleric spells (which they really shouldn't) and for some ungodly reason even good clerics can cast animate dead. Alignment also determines what familiar you get if you're a mage or beastmaster. But again, for you it means almost nothing.

Edit: Actually, in Throne of Bhaal, your fighter/thief will get a familiar. So, perhaps you might want look at the list, if you're that sort of person.
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    The only real problem you'll have is with Keldorn, who will be constantly giving you the evil eye.