Skip to content

Watchers Keep

from what I gather it's kind of a Durlags Tower of BG2 right? what would be an adequate level to do this? with out struggling or it being too easy, even though I've heard the enemies adjust to the general strength of your party. thoughts? my Charname is a rougue at level 17

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Yes. It is designed to be SoA endgame or ToB early game, so I recommend that you either do it in Chapter 6 or Chapter 8. You don't have to do it all in one go. Level 1 and Level 2 are not too difficult, so you can probably do that in Chapter 2 without too much problems, and the the top floor is also useful as a place to store items for the transition between SoA and ToB, since Watcher's Keep is the only area accessible from both parts of the game.

I know some players try to do it as early as possible for the loot, but I really don't see the point... you give yourself an almighty challenge (especially for a beginner) to take on content that is intended to be tackled at higher levels, to obtain powerful items that then makes the rest of your SoA playthrough too easy.

That's just my opinion anyway. :)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The one reason to go there early is the store; only place to get a potion case. That's not game breaking, it just helps with inventory tetris (unless you have Hexxat/her "bag of holding"). I sometimes do the upper levels to get the ammo belt, too; same reason.