Skip to content

Completed Nalia's Quest without Nalia in my party...Then I find her dead on the floor of the castle

I have had an issue with Nalia's quest--not sure if its a bug or what. I had Nalia in my party after picking her up at the inn. She then left my party because I didnt get to her side quest quick enough. Later, I went to the keep and spoke with her again, but did not have her rejoin my party. I proceeded with her quest, killed the troll, forged the flail, etc. But after completing the quest, Nalia never reappeared. I spoke to the guard at the camp (with her aunt) who informed me that Nalia had died. I then went back into the keep and saw that Nalia's corpse was on the floor of the library. What gives? I never remember this happening in the storyline. Is there a way to bring her back?

Comments

• iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    o0 I haven't done her quest yet on my first EE run... is this new? Because I've done in in the original without her many times and she never died...
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Pretty smart for a bug xD
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Yeeeeah, that is...probably not supposed to happen. XD
  • golingarfgolingarf Member Posts: 157
    I have a vague recollection of this. If I recall correctly, if you fail to complete the quest fast enough she tries to do it herself and gets killed. Don't quote me on it though. In any case it definitely doesn't sound like a bug to me.
  • dcook83dcook83 Member Posts: 5
    The more I think about it, its probably not a bug for the reasons Metalloman said. If I remember, I rested a number of times, so golingarf's explanation would make sense...In any event, I dont plan on using Nalia in my party, and I got the flail. So its probably moot in the end...
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    no xp reward for de'arnise completion?
  • dcook83dcook83 Member Posts: 5
    XP but no gold or other reward (if there is any)
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i don't remember, i don't think so.
    the flail of ages is supposed to be the material reward i think.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I think Nalia gives you 2K gold before launching into either her stronghold speech or her "take me along" speech (if your class doesn't qualify for the stronghold.)
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    Was this added in EE? If not, I just learned something new about this game after more than a decade. This is why I love BG.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Nihilus: I don't think they had any legal right to add stuff like that into EE, so I'm pretty sure it was there already. News to me, too. Surprising, after all these years!
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    golingarf said:

I have a vague recollection of this. If I recall correctly, if you fail to complete the quest fast enough she tries to do it herself and gets killed. Don't quote me on it though. In any case it definitely doesn't sound like a bug to me.

I know I am doing exactly what you told me not to do by quoting you, but this is so sad! Poor Nalia.

• WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    She is totally naive. Adventuring is dangerous work!

Perhaps it is left over in the game, but was never really active? Lots of stuff like that (see Unfinished Business for more details). Perhaps Beamdog is able to include stuff like that?