Skip to content

BG:(2)EE solo run no level up

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

BG:(2)EE level one solo run

Based off in @bbear's idea of soloing BG1/2 with a lvl1 PC without leveling up, I've started to do this too.
[spoiler=Silke and Karlat] I've recorded a video, but I made a mistake and it has no sound :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEvcEQ_ujU& [/spoiler] [spoiler=Stats] image [/spoiler] [spoiler=Drizzt's death, massacred Tarnesh, Amnish soldier sending Greywolk to hell] imageimageimage [/spoiler]
Some things I forgot to say: I'm playing on Core Rules and I have summoned a Pseudo Dragon with Nimbul's scroll, I plan on completing the game as much as I can.
Post edited by CrevsDaak on

Comments

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    -Does the familiar in BG1EE give 6 or 12 hp? Are there any other sources of hp beside the helm of balduran, larchloin drain, vampiric touch, potion of heroism and potion of power?

-Warning: potion of heroism/power sets max hp to a new multiplier and ignores any extra hp from equipments and spells.

Nice challenge, keep it up!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @bbear thanks for the info! The familiar in BG1:EE gives only 6 HP because it has 12 HP only :/ Potions of Power give more HP bonus (just 10% more) so I think I'll use those more than the Heroism ones (and the Potions of Power increase thieving skills).
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Neutral good?
    and How did you kill drizzt again?
    @meagloth I did not killed him, the gnolls killed him! Look at the srcreenshot!
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    Pretty cool. How did you get your UI to look like that?
    The hell they did. I had coran, with ONE THAC0, ONE! hit drizzt ONCE in the Time of five minutes. He blew through all my arrows of biting. I had to use ~500 protection spells and both flavors of fireshield on neera to get him dead with a whole party.
    @AnimusRex just installed the latest patch :) and I selected to run the game un-scaled (also I have the bate version, but that does not change the GUI).

@meagloth Drizzt is an easy fight. He is just too OP, but he is very foolish. I've killed him in melee with a level 10/11 Fighter/Mage, by using Stoneskin and Fireshield plus some other protection spells, he just died in a turn (well, that PC killed Sarevok without any buffs in TWO (one and a half) rounds, fuck yeah, 3 APR with all hits and 2 hits more in the next round :D!
    Drizzt keeps hitting all the time, but you can do better! Let the gnolls hit him! And shoot an arrow/caster centered Fireball/Sunfire (not anymore now *sigh*) to kill him off and get the XP. In this run I only wanted his stuff so I let the gnolls kill him. Also, after Drizzt is dead, the gnolls won't attack you, that's weird too.
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    Where can I find the latest patches? Also, would I need to do anything with CLUAConsole, and also would I need to start a new game?

Thanks!
    @crevsdaak, yeah, with a sorcerer and the right picks he super easy, but how could the gnolls hit him? His AC is like -10. Do you just wait forever? And you must have bought so many scrolls to stop him from hitting you, or is there some A.I. bug I should know about?
    So many questions.
    @AnimisRex just open the launcher and it will tell you if there are any updates.
    On another thing: this is not a support thread.
    @meagloth there are many gnolls, they tend to score a Critical Hit every round (they are more than 15... So...), once it took me ages, but this last time was fast. You'll need to be invisible so Drizzt can't initiate dialog with you and he does nothing, but the gnolls attack.
    About how I killed him: just Stoneskin and Fireshield, Haste, Mirror Image and Blur, with a Potion of Defense at the top and a Mage robe :D he was a very powerful F/M, 19 STR... THAC0 was 3 IIRC.
    Ahhh... That makes sense. I keep wanting to say, "but you don't get the XP" and then I remember what the challenge is :P
    edited February 2014
    meagloth said:

Neutral good?

@Crevsdaak: Haha, if you continue with this character in BG2EE, WK level 3 is going to be slightly more difficult. Both demon groups with Scepter Gems will attack you (Chaotic Good alignment or below, it's optional to fight the 2nd demon group). Or maybe that's what you wanted all along. ;)
    Post edited by bbear on
    @bbear the demons/devils check if you are neutral or evil, my CG PC had to fight them all.
    I don't care much for the demons/devils, I was planning on using more than three scrolls of Death Fog for every battle, I'd try to check everything with NI before the battle, I think that now in the EE enemies turn hostile with the Wand of Spell Striking, so I'll have to search for a new tactic for most enemies with MR, maybe Thief traps with Rest abuse...

@meagloth you can easily kill him by giving the last blow to him, I think Drizzt has around 90 HP, so after ~80 damage has been dealt, kill the gnolls (Fireball, Skull Trap, whatever you want to use...) and deal ~10 damage to Drizzt.
    edited February 2014
    Yea, I was surprised that wand of spell striking didnt turn enemy hostile. I usually begin the battle with the spell Lower Resistance. Well, even if it does now, it's only minor inconvenience. Kiting still works well.
    @bbear I thought that maybe using Blindness like you did with Firkraag and Irenicus' Shadow Dragon, and then start with the wand of Spell Striking. Today I did not play on this run so I can't say much, tomorrow I'm going to play a lot.