Skip to content

Re-posted: Few questions about some mods.

jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
edited February 2014 in General Modding
Hi

I have been planning a BG:EE playthrough with a few mods that i never got round to back in the day, I know some of these may be incomplete as of yet and as such I will be waiting for the final versions (BG:EE final patch also). I have a few questions regarding these mods however and would greatly appreciate any advice any of you would be willing to impart :)

IWDification
SCS
BG2 Tweaks
BG NPC Project
Rogue Rebalancing (possibly if a final ver gets released and I decide to go for a rogue)
Unfinished Business (If this ever gets ported or becomes semi-compatible?)

Question no 1:

I realise the top three mods I have listed are all G3 and as such I was wondering if SCS was balanced for IWDification (by that i mean: will the enemy NPCs utilise the new spells brought in by this mod? If not will that make the game unbalanced in favour of the player?)

Q2:

Are these all fairly compatible? If so what should my load order be?

Q3:

I don't think this is the case however I feel I should double check, do any of theses mods affect the level cap in a serious way? I one day intend to carry on into BG2:EE and I enjoy the limited progression within BG1 that ties in (fairly well) to BG2 starting levels.

Q4:

Are there any other mods in a similar vein I should consider? By similar I mean:

Not out of keeping with the BG feel.
Well written additional content which is seamlessly integrated.
Enjoyable for someone who enjoys a challenge.

Thanks for your time reading my hopefully not too annoying post, as I said my modding of IE games is highly limited however in the meantime I'm going to give IWD a shot with all the recommended user mods which will hopefully mean I wont need to bug you guys with technical questions.

Re-posted to see if anyone would reply here, if not I'll just have to try and stagger through blindly :)