Skip to content

The eternal completionist question

I want to complete all the quests but I can’t bring myself to be evil. Such a conundrum.

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I feel similar. Whenever my CHARNAME starts a good aligned quest, I'm overcome by a sudden case of itchy rashes. As my mother once said "being goody goodies make ye sick".
  • rderekprderekp Member Posts: 46
    I’m a sucker. I even feel bad that I’m going to dump Jaheira later.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    rderekp said:

I want to complete all the quests but I can’t bring myself to be evil. Such a conundrum.

play an evil playthrough, choose a good path for the finale and eekeeper your alignment to a good one before the last battle.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    atcDave said:

abacus said:

There is no good or evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it.

Pretty sure that's sort of the definition of evil...
    Champion Limbo Dancing!
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    rderekp said:

I just can’t bring myself to be mean to people, in any game. I’m the annoying goody two shoes.

Nothing annoying about it. I felt really bad when I abandoned Neera in my first BG:EE playthrough in order to stick to the canon party. "I thought we were friends!?" T.T

I've really had to curtail my completionist instinct for Baldur's Gate too, but I am less tempted in BG 2, cos there's SO many side quests related to SO many NPCs that I am clearly never gonna do all of them anyway, as I'd never use obviously evil characters.

"Buttkicking for Goodness!"
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Now, seriously, if you want to reach very high levels, you should do almost every quest, however, I can never bring myself to do some of the more perverse things the game allows (*coughs* Dorn (yes, the ambiguity of "do" was intentional)).
    But it is truly a matter of personal preference. Unless you play ascension, then thou must do everything to even stand a chance against Amelyssan the Blackhearted and Demogorgon. Especially Demogorgon.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Loub said:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

AT LEAST SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTAND THE TEACHINGS OF THE SITH!!!
    rderekp said:

bob_veng said:

rderekp said:

play an evil playthrough, choose a good path for the finale and eekeeper your alignment to a good one before the last battle.
    I just can’t bring myself to be mean to people, in any game. I’m the annoying goody two shoes.
    Those are the chains. You're being bonded to your good. I play good and evil, I've played neutral and unaligned. One day you'll discover what wonders evil has to offer to you, power... it's tempting...
    In my first runs I only went to accomplish all the quests, get all the XP, etc. But I didn't talked to people, I don't know why I didn't. In my last evil run this is going so RP that I've missed a pair of Boots of Speed and lots of nice loot and XP, just because of being uncaringly evil with Haer'Dalis.
    On my good runs I couldn't do anything evil, I don't even killed evil NPCs for XP or other things, I've let them live and hoped they changed their minds.
    When I play neutral, it is different, I make ALL the quests, kill ALL the people you can without loosing a single Reputation point, and your Rep is 20 despite being CN. That's when I powergame, when I play neutral, because I don't know how the hell I should role play a neutral character without being selfish enough to turn evil.
  • BruceHugoBruceHugo Member Posts: 9
    I have more of a problem with inconsistency, I can be Good or Evil, but will not switch over to the other side at any point with that character.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I have extreme difficulty being evil. I find it hard to do evil acts to keep my reputation low to satisfy my evil party members. Also, the price markup for being low reputation is painful.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    I had a hard time being evil for a long time. Then I let Edwin be party leader. It became easier. Killing Dynaheir and minsc were never so satisfying. Watching imoen leave because she couldn't stomach the party's direction...also sweet.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It may help you to read this:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_and_Evil
    It's available for free over at Project Gutenberg, but I'd suggest a paperback for readability purposes.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014

false, it is gingers

Dude, not funny!