Skip to content

Where can i buy bg2EE for windows?

I need the game, and i need a version EE keeper works with :)

Can i use this? :)
http://www.baldursgateii.com/buy.html

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited February 2014
    Yes, that's the official link for the game. (to buy directly from the developers, Beamdog/Overhaul Games.)

And yes it works with EE Keeper, which works for both BG EE and BG 2:EE
  • Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
    I'll try it :D Need something capable with ee keeper xD
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    You can also buy it from Steam.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Belanos said:

You can also buy it from Steam.

I'd not recommend doing that unless you never want to get patches.
    Atari's notorious for being horrible at keeping the Steam version up-to-date.
    Actually I think legal issues just means the Steam version tends to be updated slower, compared to if you buy it straight off Beamdog. I think the difference was 1 week for me for the v1.2 patch. (I got BG:EE on Steam, BG2:EE on Beamdog).

However, buying from Beamdog does directly support the guys who make these games, since Steam takes a big chunk of the profit from Steam purchases.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014
    Heindrich said:

Actually I think legal issues just means the Steam version tends to be updated slower, compared to if you buy it straight off Beamdog. I think the difference was 1 week for me for the v1.2 patch. (I got BG:EE on Steam, BG2:EE on Beamdog).

However, buying from Beamdog does directly support the guys who make these games, since Steam takes a big chunk of the profit from Steam purchases.

Steam does have the occasional advantage of offering purely symbolic values for the game, though, since I bought mine for 7 Dollars IIRC on the Summer/Winter sale.

@Gel87

There might be more attractive options for games if you are not experienced with AD&D, since the system is highly complicated to learn and the learning curve is steep and never ceases increasing. I am forbidden of suggesting them here on the forums, due to the fact that it violates the rules. I think? Does it, @Heindrich?
    Loub said:

There might be more attractive options for games if you are not experienced with AD&D, since the system is highly complicated to learn and the learning curve is steep and never ceases increasing. I am forbidden of suggesting them here on the forums, due to the fact that it violates the rules. I think? Does it, @Heindrich?

@Loub
    Suggesting other games? No that's not against forum rules.

However since OP didn't ask about other games, and asked a very specific question about buying BG2:EE, then having a discussion about other games here would be thread de-railment.

We have many discussions in the Off-Topic part of the forum about other games.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/off-topic