Skip to content

What's up with Amelyssan?

LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
I've always had trouble identifying the reasoning behind some design decisions for the Mage/Cleric of Bhaal Amelyssan the Blackhearted.
What's up with the Spiked Gauntlets? I thought they were only introduced in 3e? And her spear? Wouldn't these weapons violate the cleric's ethos?
What's up with her class as well? How is she a Mage/Cleric of such power if that is the least effective dual class option (multiclass being so much better at this)? Was she a very experienced mage before becoming a priestess of Bhaal? Or did she decide to become one after his fall, since she would likely have lost her powers, but before finding her own method of calling upon the dead energy of the Lord of Murder?
Why does she wear so much makeup as shown in the final cutscene, seeing as her art doesn't hint at such?
Why did she enlarge herself upon becoming a practical demigod, seeing as her main weapon is her magic, and being large sized offers defensive disadvantages for mages and priests?
What's up with her headscarf/veil/crown thing? Is there a religious significance of such? Do the seven feathers represent the 7 greater bhaalspawn (The Five, Sarevok/Imoen and Charname) which she decided to syphon power from before ascending to goodhod?
Her armor. Why are there red adornments in it? And the same 7 feathers again?

Comments

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I particularly share the concern about violating her ethos. She must be losing sleep over the mere thought of such blasphemy.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    @enqenq
    LOL
    Fair point.