Skip to content

Weapons ineffective against Dragmir The Red.

I am currently doing Hexxats Tomb quest, but when I go to Fight Dragmir. It seems everytime I hit it says the Weapon is Ineffective or He is Imune. Why is this? And am I still doing damage to him? Also is thier anyway to see what hitpoints he has left?

Comments

• Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    Several creatures throughout the game require magical weapons to hit. I believe he needs +1 or maybe +2.

As for hp if you hover over him (preferably while paused) you should see his status (uninjured, near death, ect...)
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    He needs to be hit by a +2 weapon or better. I only had one +2 weapon at the time, but I had many spells that got the job done. Anomen using Draw Upon Holy Might and Spiritual Hammer was the only real melee damage that I could deal, because Hexxat couldn't hit him with her +2 short sword.
  • Brucepp12Brucepp12 Member Posts: 45
    Also will Dispell remove the Dire Charm he puts on my party?
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    Dispel has a chance to remove dire charm but it is based on the relative caster levels. you have a better chance if an inquisitor casts it.
    I think there is a +2 dagger in the tomb if you are short of +2 weapons
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Chaotic Commands (5th level priest spell) will protect you against the charm. Another good option is to send in some summoned skeletons (3rd level priest or 5th level mage spell) since undead cannot be charmed and they soak up damage nicely.

You will need +2 weapons to hit. 3rd level mage spell Melfs Minute Meteors is awesome, it can hit any enemy in the game.

If you can't beat him I recommend you go back to the Copper Coronet and do the slaver quest there: this way you get a great shortbow, a 2 handed sword +3 which will protect against dire charm and you can buy some new gear from the barkeeper, among it the best anti undead weapon for a good aligned warrior for very little money.
  • LaniartyLaniarty Member Posts: 7
    Protection From Undead scrolls. Carry many of these, and some of the hardest fights in the game become trivial.

All I did was grabbed the 1h sword from the graveyard district (Namarra +2), and cast Protection from Undead on charname. He waltzed in by himself and smashed Dragomir while he just wandered around unable to "see" charname.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You can even find a scroll in the tomb itself.