Skip to content

Tamoko: Mage, Cleric or Cleric-Mage?

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
I never understood why Tamoko cast Fire Arrow in the fight between Sarevok and Gorion, but is, to what I can figure, a Cleric.

And even if she was a Cleric-Mage, or Mage-Cleric, she shouldn't be able to cast while wearing armor. I do know she wears the Full Plate +1.

What's the story, folks?

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Or she casted it from a scroll? I believe that you can still cast scrolls while wearing armor...

Or maybe you can't... well now I need an answer lmao
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    She's the Chuck Norris of cutscenes.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Yeah, and did a piddly 1 damage. "Hey, I gotta look like I'm trying!"
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    she does 2 damage in my games, but i always play the hardest difficulty so i never take one damage from anything, even with 99% resistance i will still take 2, but maybe, what she did was go to drink a potion in her inventory screen and then she quickly swapped it for a flame arrow scroll instead and casted it, but i dont know how she managed to select your character, or maybe she used sword coast keeper and forced the flame arrow scroll into her quick item slot and then just cast it there, ah, now that works :)
    @Sarevok57 So, she's a cheater. ;)
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @sarevok57 ever tried coming to that cutscene with only 1 HP remaining? It's possible if you go to Gorion while still hasted from the oil of speed given inside the tutorial area... (Gorion's spell misses when you're hasted) and let Carbos or Shank mess you up a bit :P
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @winthal ahhh so that's why gorion heals you before you go, i had always wondered but never thought about dying from that 1 dmg, i'll have to try that:)

the one that would rise up and slaughter all, dies from a minor flesh wound.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    If she's a cleric, though, who's her patron deity? Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest with serving Sarevok?
    @Shawne She's from Kara-Tur, and they have three faiths. "The Path of Enlightenment" which is roughly analogous to Buddhism, "The Way", which is like Zen Buddhism or Confucianism, and the Nine Travellers, which is like Taoism.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Maybe she had Dual-classed and then changed her mind after the lame damage from the cut scene.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    LadyRhian said:

@Shawne She's from Kara-Tur, and they have three faiths. "The Path of Enlightenment" which is roughly analogous to Buddhism, "The Way", which is like Zen Buddhism or Confucianism, and the Nine Travellers, which is like Taoism.

Ah, I see. Thanks! :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Maybe she was lying, she just fired an arrow and shout "Flame Arrow", to make gorion cast a minor globe of invulnerability instead of protection from missiles, who knows... :)!
    @Shawne You're welcome! :)
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622

Cutscene drama-mage?

Sarevok : "Kill the whelp Tamoko!"
    Tamoko : "Right... Let me check my spells list... flame strike, hold person, rigid thinking... AHA! Special cutscene 1 damage fire arrow" *casts fire arrow, PC survives*
    Sarevok : "Why... WHY ON EARTH DID YOU DO THAT?!"

That sort of reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHpPKgi-niI