Skip to content

The cowled fools

I cast a knock spell so I can get in Neb's house and bring justice to a child murderer.

A bunch of cowled fools appear and start gating in demons in the middle of city, and I'M the bad guy???

After dying a couple of times the enforcer teleported in and glitched, he spawned INSIDE neb's door and couldn't do anything. So I cast call lightning on him and chuckled maniacally.

Comments

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Lawful Neutral in a nutshell.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    If you were truly deserving of casting that spell, you'd have first made sure of killing every single damn cowled wizard, like I do.
    Plus, they are a great source of exp, especially the final battle, and not hard at all if you have Keldorn and Viconia in the party.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Loub said:

If you were truly deserving of casting that spell, you'd have first made sure of killing every single damn cowled wizard, like I do.
    Plus, they are a great source of exp, especially the final battle, and not hard at all if you have Keldorn and Viconia in the party.

Having Keldorn and Viconia in the same party isnt a good idea >.<
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited February 2014
    I guess after Irenicus, they are a bit paranoid. What are some civilian losses to a ravaging demon? Just blame the fool who casted knock without a license. Magic is dangerous! :-)
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    "Ever pathetic, ever fools" :)
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Your magics are useless! You bore me magelings...
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014

Loub said:

Having Keldorn and Viconia in the same party isnt a good idea >.<</p>
    Actually, it is, despite the fact that Viconia will very likely kill him later, their powers are thoroughly synergistic to one another - you can also easily prevent them from coming into blows by using Keldorn only when you actually need him.
    Or by using mods.
    Eventually, though, Keldorn will outlive his usefulness when casters such as Aerie and Jan become much more reliable and versatile due to their wide areas of expertise, high-level spell brokeness and much superior HLAs (Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards at its finest).
    The reason why both are extremely effective when pitted against mages is due to Keldorn's astoundingly effective dispel magic and true sight, which effectively neuter the cowled wizards' ability to do anything defensively, and protection from evil should defend you against the demons, IIRC, while Viconia's extremely high magic resistance makes most attempts at harming her laughable.
    One should be really careful when placing and timing dispels, though, as botching the process means you will disenchant your own characters.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    @Loub
    From an RP perspective, no Paladin would travel with an evil character.
    BUT, if a Paladin wants to redeem and save an evil character from damnation then you could justify it.
    For example if your CHARNAME is a Paladin and you take Viconia and Sarevok with you.

My Cavalier took Sarevok with him and redeemed him into Chaotic Good.
    It can work with a Paladin PC but not with Keldorn I think. He's too narrow-minded.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Archaos said:

@Loub
    From an RP perspective, no Paladin would travel with an evil character.
    BUT, if a Paladin wants to redeem and save an evil character from damnation then you could justify it.
    For example if your CHARNAME is a Paladin and you take Viconia and Sarevok with you.

My Cavalier took Sarevok with him and redeemed him into Chaotic Good.
    It can work with a Paladin PC but not with Keldorn I think. He's too narrow-minded.

I do not think that is quite correct - perhaps the formulation "no Paladin would travel with an evil group, or party" would be better.

As you outline, there could be reasons for the occasional exception in the case of a sole evil being.

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Korgan and keldorn get along fine. There is more than alignment
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    enqenq said:

Lawful Neutral in a nutshell.

More like unbridled corruption in a nutshell.

The cowled wizards can be given a "donation" (*cough*bribe*cough*) in exchange for letting you cast spells.