Skip to content

How to make myself portraits for main character?

In the old days, i would simply download a picture i like, enter the bitmap (.bmp) for windows 98, follow the manual's guidelines (for portrait size in memory and pixels measures), then use the bitmap's tool for adjusting the image by clicking and dragging.

But since XP are around, bitmap has changed interface and tools location/functionality. How can i do it again, take one picture i like, and using the drawing program of windows, adjust it like the way i once did? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the trouble, but i am not that much educated in pc and windows usage...

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    You can easily just open any picture in Paint and save it as a 24-bit .bmp. Then you dump it in the documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Portraits folder. You only need the portrait in one dimension now (210x330) but you can actually dump any file that isn't bigger than 1024x1024 and the game will automatically scale it for you. That may not look good though.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited February 2014
    I just use Microsoft Paint, which is default to every Windows OS I have owned.

Just crop and resize the picture so it looks good at 210x330, BG:EE should handle the rest when you import it.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You also only need the "m" sized picture now, the rest is done automatically. No more L, M and S sizes - much less chaos in the portraits folder.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Thanks! Will tamper and see.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050

You also only need the "m" sized picture now, the rest is done automatically. No more L, M and S sizes - much less chaos in the portraits folder.

I prefer to use L and S sizes myself since it would need to stretch the M size to L size if that one ever appears outside of character creation.