Skip to content

Candlekeep Blues

As the title implies, I am caught in a bit of a tight spot in Candlekeep, chapter 6. For any people who haven't reached this point in the game, yes, there are spoilers. Naughty naughty spoilers that will ruin your story experience so cover your face if you don't want them.

With that warning out of the way, I will explain my problem. After confronting Rieltar and taking offense to his rude tone, I did what any sane person would do and killed him + all the people on that floor, I then went up a few floors (killing people along the way before they engaged me in conversation, lest any of those cowards escape my insatiable lust for EXP) until I was finally caught off guard by a chap named The Gatewarden. I resisted arrest, because even though I was guilty I never admit fault, and needless to say I was slaughtered quicker than a prostitute in London circa 1888. Not one to be discouraged, I reloaded, attacked him before he was able to lock me in the dialogue of doom, and surprisingly was not one shot. Then I killed Tethtoril and Ulruant, surprisingly tough for old men, and everyone else.
I wondered around Candlekeep (still cutting those precious sacks of EXP open along the way, naturally) and found that I was utterly at a loss for what to do next. I looked up a Youtube play through of this part in particular and noticed I was supposed to surrender myself.
Except I saved after killing all the guards.
And my most recent save before that is a good 6 hours behind.
I am now panicking.

Do any of you gentlemen know a way for me to progress the story without needing to reload or give myself up to the cops? I can't surrender cause I gotta keep my street cred up, west side.

Many thanks for reading.
booinyoureyes

Comments

• iAmGoatBoyiAmGoatBoy Member Posts: 72
    Nope, 99% sure your best hope is to find a guard and hand yourself in. I thought Tethoril was engineered to be unkillable so not sure how you got him (naughty mods?) but hopefully you'll get Biff standing in for both him and Ulraunt once you're safely locked up where you belong.

Failing that, get one if those console mods and use it to set Tethoril's location and status to "where you want him" and "not murdered".
  • NahkriinaakNahkriinaak Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2014
    It took a reaaaalllllyyy long time to kill Tethtoril. Like, I could only hit him with critical hits and he MUST have 1000+ hp. I managed to find a guard that avoided the massacre and turned myself in (though I'd still really appreciate an alternative, as surrendering just does not fit my character in the slightest) and Tethtoril showed up anyway...

Also, I am using the Gibberlings tweak pack. Perhaps one of the options in there made him killable?
  • iAmGoatBoyiAmGoatBoy Member Posts: 72
    Aww, poor Biff, denied his moment in the sun :(
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
    But seriously, can anyone let me know of an alternative? Or point me to a mod that provides an alternative? It would be greatly appreciated.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    you might be able to clua console yourself to the candlekeep labyrinth and progress from there. try this

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR6513")
    Nahkriinaak
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    That might leave you with chapter issues not working because I believe there are some flags set in the Tethtoril/Ulruant dialogs, though. But it's your only recourse if you refuse to surrender. Sadly (I, uh, guess?) no mods have been made for mass-murdering psychopaths.
    Nahkriinaak
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    If it's endless slaughter you want, you might enjoy the Black Pits... less talkin', more killin'.
    jackjackBelgarathMTH
    edited February 2014
    Twani said:

Sadly (I, uh, guess?) no mods have been made for mass-murdering psychopaths.

Here we go with the "you're a murderer" thing again
    Always get called a murderer even though I haven't been caught yet